PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Additional uses for a log burner?

Options
2»

Comments

• born_blonde
    Options
    Get a sweep in asap and I hope she has a carbon monoxide alarm. It would be wise not to use it in the meantime. When my chimney became partially blocked and my alarm flashed red my sweep came same day, he said it was a priority call out!
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Able Archer
  • thenanny2die4
    Options
    Definitely get the chimney swept as a priority and replace the rope seals on the door if necessary. As for lighting, this may need a bit of practise to work out which dampers need opening and closing to get it going.
    Avoiding plastic, palm oil and Nestlé
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm lucky in that my Clearview is meant for cooking (picture here),

Another one here with the Pioneer Oven. Baked potatoes/sweet potatoes cook well in the oven as well as casseroles.
  • mi_jardin
    Options
    When we had one we cooked hot dogs and onions on top in a foil tin when we had a power cut. We also had a kettle on the top at all times, even if it wasn't hot enough for a cuppa, we could use it for washing up.
  • thenanny2die4
    thenanny2die4 Posts: 2,686 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 November 2011 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    Another one here with the Pioneer Oven. Baked potatoes/sweet potatoes cook well in the oven as well as casseroles.
    Yes, I did jackets last week ;)

However, it's bubbling away a casserole now for dinner. I'll let you know if DH regrets asking for squirrel stew... (I'm having nut cutlets :rotfl:)

ETA DH bravely ate a decent amount of squirrel but has not requested it as a future regular meal.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Avoiding plastic, palm oil and Nestlé
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport