Bankrupt what now

Options
Made bankrupt on tuesday, all went ok, now the nightmare begins cancelled all old direct debits from old bank account. I have been to other banks today to try and open a basic account no chance they tell me until i can show them a discharge notice. As i am self employed, how can i get paid for work done with no bank account. Does anyone know any banks i could try or what i can do.
thanks

Comments

• Mike_St_Helens
    Options
    jonejayc wrote:
    Made bankrupt on tuesday, all went ok, now the nightmare begins cancelled all old direct debits from old bank account. I have been to other banks today to try and open a basic account no chance they tell me until i can show them a discharge notice. As i am self employed, how can i get paid for work done with no bank account. Does anyone know any banks i could try or what i can do.
    thanks

Your nightmare should be over !! Your free of debt.

I went B last month, was well prepared and have found it OK. st of all get yourself a bank account. Barlays, Co-Op and Nationwide all give to bankruopts. This needs to be done ASAO.

Then get yourself over to the bankruptcy supporters club. All the advice and info you need is there, and there are some people there to help and hold your hand throuhg this if needed.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=273844

Its not the end of the world by any means. Its the beginning of a new start.

Mike
  • jonejayc
    Options
    thanks mike it sgood to be able to sleep at night now and not dreading answering the phone, I tried natwest and lloyds banks and they said no chance, so i thought barclays would be the same, will try them tomorrow. No co op or nationwide branches near me, trouble is i get paid alot of cheques and need to paythem in and get them cleared pretty quickly
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport