Really need help (Prize not as stated in a big way)

Options
Pinkzie
Pinkzie Posts: 153 Forumite
edited 3 September 2017 at 1:20PM in Compers chat corner
Thank you to the below :)

Comments

• One-Eye
    One-Eye Posts: 66,473 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The Daily Star said "The prize is as stated" so get them involved - copy wired@dailystar.co.uk in on all your emails. Say that you feel the prize was deliberately misrepresented by both parties, and you will report the matter to the Advertising Standards Authority if you are not satisfied. Note that the instagram photo was arranged with great care so it is hard to believe it included items that are not part of the prize.

If satisfactory progress is still not made then go ahead and report both the Daily Star & Fusion Festival to the ASA - it isn't particularly hard to do and many MSEers have done it in the past.

Good luck.
  • dtumgutmufm
    Options
    Be happy you won.
  • Pinkzie
    Options
    dtumgutmufm - I am very, very happy I won & but still need to get to the bottom of this.
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Be happy you won.

She deserves the prize she won, she is not acting ungrateful she just wants what she was told she had won.
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • toniq
    toniq Posts: 29,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, do as One Eye suggests above contact the Star and state the issue, keep to the issue and include what was in the bag and then a picture of the goodies from insta and include what you think is missing, state the cost of the prize should have been £4000 and £1000 and make it clear that you will involve the ASA to save yourself from further upset and embarrassment if this is not sorted out shortly.

Make sure when you email the Star you CC the lady you have been emailing with too.

Good luck
    x
    #JusticeForGrenfell
  • Pinkzie
    Options
    Thanks Toniq - That's exactly it. I may not have stated it in this post, but I have been very thankful from the moment I won and have expressed this quite a lot to the lady, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to question this. I think the vast majority would :)
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    toniq wrote: »
    she deserves the prize she won, she is not acting ungrateful she just wants what she was told she had won.

^^^^ this!!!!^^^^
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • Pinkzie
    Options
    mjm3346 - You are a star! Thank you for that. I have removed main post to be safe. I have received some great advice and will see how things unfold :)
  • Pinkzie
    Options
    I have a result :) - Will update soon!
  • bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Pinkzie wrote: »
    I have a result :) - Will update soon!

any news yet
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure