Where to file Job seekers allowance on self assessment

Options
So I am in the process of completing my self assessment return.

I worked for 3 different temping agencies, a self employed job and claimed JSA for two months.

I have been completing the return on my IPhone safari (I did this last year no problem).

I can't work out where to include the JSA in the return.

I am thinking of classifying it as another PAYE job but then I'd need to know their employers unique PAYE number.

Does anyone know of a generic number for JSA?

Also I think I can work out how much I earned from it but is there a JSA helpline number that I can phone to work out exactly how much?

It's hard to get the information I need right now as I'm working Monday till Friday 9-6 with only half an hour lunch break so not much time to wait on hold.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 May 2017 at 11:47PM
    Options
    have you read the notes that explain how to complete the form?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/604367/SA150-2017.pdf

page 6 see explanation re box 15
    the amount to use will be on the P45 the Jobcentre gave you and you should have retained Part 1A where that is shown when you gave the other parts to your new employer when you started the new job

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-assessment-tax-return-sa100
  • dori2o
    dori2o Posts: 8,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So I am in the process of completing my self assessment return.

I worked for 3 different temping agencies, a self employed job and claimed JSA for two months.

I have been completing the return on my IPhone safari (I did this last year no problem).

I can't work out where to include the JSA in the return.

I am thinking of classifying it as another PAYE job but then I'd need to know their employers unique PAYE number.

Does anyone know of a generic number for JSA?

Also I think I can work out how much I earned from it but is there a JSA helpline number that I can phone to work out exactly how much?

It's hard to get the information I need right now as I'm working Monday till Friday 9-6 with only half an hour lunch break so not much time to wait on hold.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

In the section of the online return called 'Tailor your return' there will have been a question that asks of you have received and state benefits. You need to have selected 'Yes' to this question for it to include the necessary section in the online return.

You can return to the 'Tailor your return' section from the menu on the left side of the screen.
    [SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport