ccj bryan carter lowell

Options
little to my knowledge my daughter took a phone contract in my name.

The debt is now with Bryan Carter acting on behalf on Lowell. They have sent a CCJ form to me.

I want to defend against this. Which letters do I send to Bryan Carter ... and what do I say on the defence form.

I am suffering mental heath and struggling to deal with this.

Comments

• carley106
    carley106 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    bump please help
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 June 2014 at 1:41PM
    Options
    Hi,

What do you mean by a CCJ form ?

Only a court can issue a CCJ, anything else is bogus !!

What exactly does the letter say ?

Here’s a quick guide on what you should do if you receive county court paperwork, to help you. The first thing to make sure is that the paperwork you’ve received is actually from the court and not just a threat of action. Letters from debt collectors can be carefully worded and made to look like they are taking court action, when in reality they’re just trying to scare you into making extra payments to them. Before you receive any court paperwork the original creditor must have issued a default notice. This is a formal letter which tells you how much you need to pay to bring the account back up to date. You should be given at least 14 days to pay it before the account is defaulted (bringing the agreement to an end). If you pay the full amount within this time period, no further action will be taken. After the default is issued the debt is usually passed on to a debt collection agency. This isn’t always the case and a creditor can apply for a CCJ as long as they have issued a default notice. If you receive court forms coloured pale blue with a court crest on the top, your creditor has applied for a CCJ. You will receive these forms: N1 (amount owed, creditor and which court is dealing with it)
    N9A (admission form) N9B (defence form)

If you admit liability for the debt, you will need to complete the N1 and N9A and return them within 16 days.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure