Guide: Get a discount from EVERY online purchase - Flubit Review

Options

Comments

• TentMan
    Options
    I'm a retailer and have never heard of Flubit then out of the blue I receive an order from Fireworks Merchants Ltd who I looked in to and seem to be Flubit. I was worried about the order as the payment details were for the above company and all matched etc but the delivery address was under a different name (personal name) and address which is always a worry.
    Now I have not been asked for a discount from Flubit so I'm not sure how they have made any money unless the original customer found the tent for say £194.99 and we are £174.99 and Flubit charged £184.99.... I just don't get it. Also the contract is with Flubit so what happens if something goes wrong, legally Flubit is my customer and the end user is Flubit customer. Anyway I will contact them on Monday and see what's what. Any comments re my side of things would be great, any other retailers who deal with Flubit ? your comments would be good also.
    TentMan - Cross Camping
  • Gonna have to update this review.

Flubit just jumped the shark and sold out to Amazon.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I tired out Flubit for the purchase of a washing machine. They secured me a 5% lower price - but didn't tell me where it was coming from, when it would be delivered, or whether the warranty matched. I ignored it and went with the best price I'd found anyway - after Quidco it was so close it didn't matter.
  • Sharlord
    Sharlord Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Long time user of Flubit but not sure how to take news about selling out to Amazon??

Looks to me like they haven't, but what do I know?

Used it since the change for a few stocking fillers in advance (get me!) and all seems to be cheaper than Amazon still?? Most recent post on their blog said:
    "We haven’t sold out to Amazon.
    Our business model (for the most part) diverts sales to UK Retailers who can now win the business they would have otherwise lost.
    Amazon may not like this. oh well."
  • alansimms
    alansimms Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 9 September 2013 at 9:16AM
    Options
    made few orders with them been the worst online shopping experience of my whole life, not just worst online simply the worst shopping experience ever , delivery dates were given , they went past those no replies to my questions , they just don't care, take your money and ,they also take their own time,,
    i think the lack of customer service is because they spend their time writing fake reviews,search online on review center and trust pilot , I wrote a review there too a bad one as per my experience and did see one about fake reviews some one had written !!, imagine my surprise today see when i looked at these sites about 20 5 Star reviews have come up on both sites within the last 9hours!! I mean what are the odds of that ,most of them are word for word similar pretty clear some body's been working overtime writing reviews, my guess they want their reviews to be 85%-90% , and drive the negative reviews out of the first 2 pages:cool: ,
    in the mean time my orders which was supposed to be delivered by 08/09 latest have not shown up , no any replies to any of my emails both to flubit and their own merchant fireworks, very dodgy bunch especially since they take your money as soon as the order is made and sit on it, is there any way I can report this bunch to TSS??, they took my money once for an £90+ order and waited for 4 weeks after promising to deliver it within 5 days if i paid by 1p.m then they cancelled it claiming "customer asked to canceled " yet could not provide any proof of how i did this, then worst of all they re-offred me the same item for £9 more even though amazon price had gone down, smacks of fraud!! to m

you have been warned!!!!!, i am waiting for flubit answer on this

P.S: i created my account just to write this as people should be warned, i didn't myself though warned believe this until i saw the review activity
  • hugh88
    Options
    I've now made 3 purchases with Flubit all with a worthwhile saving. No problems at all with all items arriving promptly.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but Flubit now only accept Amazon URL's to price against. All items were in fact supplied by Amazon.
  • rellarips
    Options
    Just come across this thread. I use Flubit and I've never had a problem with them. I always get at least another 10% off any price I submit to them, including sale prices, and I've never been able to find a cheaper price before I've submitted a request to them.

The last thing I ordered was a car seat which was already heavily reduced and they managed to slice a further 15% off which may only have been about £3 but when my car seat arrived it was from the same company I was going to buy from if Flubit couldn't beat their price. Also it arrived 14 hours after ordering from Flubit, which means I got next day delivery, something I wouldn't have paid for!

I've had nothing but extremely positive buying experiences from Flubit and retailers they've negotiated with for me have included Amazon, Mothercare, Debenhams to name a few.
  • Bublin1
    Bublin1 Posts: 724 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I visited the site for the first time today and it says they're only accepting Amazon url's.
    Dave Ramsey Fan[/COLOR]
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just tried to make my first order and it appears it's payment by debit/credit card only. I used different browsers, allow pop ups, used Ipad, laptop and phone and still no option to pay by paypal.

As soon as I clicked the "buy your offer" button a box appears to select your address then after you click "Continue with purchase" another box appears to "select your credit or debit card". No option anywhere to pay with paypal!

I noticed this morning they had a system update that prevented people paying for their offers until 10am.
  • alansimms
    Options
    Further to my previous post on these goons, I had 2 more orders fall through after going through their support requests through the help clinic & their fireworks merchant their own , I have reported them twice to pay pal for reach because they offred something saying "purchase before 13.00 to be dispatched today" but 10 days later they still hadn't dispatched it , and no contact to my support requests they only made a serious effort to communicate after i contacted pay pal.
    then they sent me an email saying its been refunded, guess what after 5 days no refund appeared!! it was pay pal who forced them to do so, even then according to pay pal flubit never even tried to contact them on the case!! i wouldn't be suprised if paypal suspended these jokers!!!
    I have one proof from a different(not fireworks!!) merchant that flubit sent them the order 3 days late flubit lied to me by telling me that the supplier let them down by not dispatching it -utter lies!!! the reputed merchant sent me proof of when they received the order (minus some details of course)
    my guess is these guys don't have time for their customers because they keep trolling the internet to write fake reviews & posts .
    I can believe I am just the unlucky customer , but 11 orders had problems 4 orders cancelled !! what more proof do i need , if you go to their own blog or even their Facebook page you'll know this to be true.
    they lost a good customer in me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport