HMRC Repayment Pending

Options
Hi All,

Done my tax return on the 6/4/15, checked the status on the 07th and it was showing bank repayment pending thought Ild phone up and see as this is the first time iv done my return myself.

Was told by advisor it would be issued the 10th but nothing as if today, am i being to hastey or should I give them a call again.

Iv seen a few things about security checks if anybody can possibly enlighten me on this or if anybody else has any previous experience.

Thanks

Comments

• PlutoinCapricorn
    Options
    How much is the expected repayment? It is the amount due to be repaid that may trigger a 'security check', which some cynical people - who could well be right - say is an excuse to HMRC to hold on to your money a little longer.

I would expect to wait two weeks for a small amount e.g. £15.
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• georgiasdragons
    Options
    Hi, same for me, did TR 6th, normally changed from pending to issued within 5 days, still currently showing as pending.
  • georgiasdragons
    Options
    The date showing on my account of system updated in the top corner is 10th April.
    So if the system updates over night im hoping it is showing tomorrow.

Maybe there is a backlog or delay.

Or maybe they are checking all payments that need to be issued for security checks.

Will update tomorrow
  • chalkeyav
    chalkeyav Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's a fair amount in the thousands, I've usually always used an account until this year, just don't want no hiccups and could do with the money (like us all)

My last update was the 10th too
  • slipkid
    slipkid Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I don't know anyone who has received theirs so far this year.mine says the same as yours. Expect everyone will get the money they have overpaid at sometime this week
  • slipkid
    slipkid Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    The date showing on my account of system updated in the top corner is 10th April.
    So if the system updates over night im hoping it is showing tomorrow.

Maybe there is a backlog or delay.

Or maybe they are checking all payments that need to be issued for security checks.

Will update tomorrow

There is a five working day delay on all payments anyway. You used to be able to reclaim over paid tax and get it a couple of days later. It's just a security check everyone goes through
  • chalkeyav
    Options
    slipkid wrote: »
    There is a five working day delay on all payments anyway. You used to be able to reclaim over paid tax and get it a couple of days later. It's just a security check everyone goes through

I hope so, could do with it.
  • dajacobs
    dajacobs Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Looking forward to hearing how you all get on. I also submitted mine on the 6th. All is says is repayment pending and due date 8th April.
  • chalkeyav
    Options
    dajacobs wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing how you all get on. I also submitted mine on the 6th. All is says is repayment pending and due date 8th April.

Where on yours does it say due date?

All mines says is bank repayment pending, no mention of a date?
  • oster107
    oster107 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Hmrc are a pain in the b#m mine said pending for about 2 days now says bank repayment pending no dates and the site takes ages to update anyone know what it means thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback