Storage Pods (storage first) getting money back ?

Options
I am a new user and asking advices for the first time.Its re having invested money in the above I am aware this is now a problem ,despite having used a Solictor and a government registered company to invest a considerable amount of pension money.As anyone had any experience or advice as to how best to get my money back please ?
Thanks
Paul

Comments

• Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    There is a long-running thread here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3866319

Did you receive advice from an FCA-registered adviser before you invested?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    despite having used a Solictor and a government registered company to invest a considerable amount of pension money.

There is no govt registered company involved in transactions like this. If the company was registered at companies house then that does not give any consumer protection.

These types of things are rarely recommended by FCA regulated companies. Although some of the storage schemes did set an FCA regulated company to push money through.

These unregulated investments are illiquid, high risk and generally tend to be used by scammers or less reputable firms. This is why you do not see genuine companies offer them.

What reasons are you being given as to why you cannot get your money returned? I would expect a considerable loss and a delay (as usually, you have to find a buyer). But what are you being told?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Blackb15
    Options
    Thanks very much I have checked the link out and good advice but to late for me.
    The company were with the FCA
    Thanks
    Paul
  • Blackb15
    Options
    I'm just being told that the money is in limbo and not accessible following a letter from Burkley Burke saying the storage company is under investigation and winding up.I know others have tried to sell storage space they have bought but been unable to.
    Thanks for your help
    Paul
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The company were with the FCA

You make a complaint to that company then. Hopefully, they still exist. I suspect they won't or are in the process of being wound up. That is the normal outcome with dodgy investments once they are at that stage.

If the company no longer exists, then you complain via the FSCS instead.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • gardner1
    gardner1 Posts: 3,154 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all.i am new to this forum but looking to speak to people who may have invested in car parking spaces which I hear are more secure than storage pods.I have inherited some money and want to test the water with a spend of 25k. Possibly 50k.something I will own at land reg.I don’t want any mortgages so this does sound ideal.
    A company called Aston Darby Ltd in Bolton are offering space at Manchester and Glasgow Airport.seems very reputable but the more I research the more I am going off the idea.
    Any advice or has anyone bought a car park space of these or any other seller?
    Also, how do you sell them in a few years when you want to exit?

You seem determined to lose money......storage pods/car park spaces....what next magic beans ( I've got some to sell)
    You are either incredibly stupid/gullible....or this and your other post is a WIND UP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure