Help dealing with apex

Options
ok so Im sure many of you have dealt with this company before, so you will know just how relentless and sneaky they can be, they have had my debt for years and I pay on time every monthy with out fail, a couple of years ago I wrote to them asking to only be contacted by mail, which worked for a couple of months but now receive 2-3 calls from them a day,(which I dont answer as I know I dont have to and will be writing again but thats another story), the problem Im having now is that I cant pay them my installment I have the money but Ive been trying for a week to make a payment online via the website but it doesnt seem to be working, all I get is an error, Ive also tried using the automated phone line too but that says my payment amount is below their minimum, so obviously Im worried now my payment is late and going into arrears but its really not my fault if they wont let me pay ! Im assuming they have to provide a certain amount of payment methods ? which they arent doing and Ive had no letter to say that anything has changed, can anyone shed any light on this or help in anyway would be much appreciated thanks

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 April 2015 at 10:09AM
    Options
    It seems they also act as a DCA as well, OP can you confirm your relationship with this company for us please, are they acting as a DCA in this instance, or a debt management company ?

I must admit the name is somewhat familiar, I believe they bought a debt of mine once, just before I entered my IVA, Oops !!!!!!!!!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Yes, they are basically debt collectors.

The "debt management" they do is managing debt collection for their clients etc, NOT DMPs like Stepchange.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Now that's clarified then, you can write to them, (would not normally recommend this but if you cant wait that long, just ring them), explain why you have not been able to make payment, and ask for there bank details so you can pay via online banking in future, that way there should be no problems.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • megan3425
    Options
    Hi everyone, yes they are a DCA, I loath to ring these people it gives me anxiety at the mere thought and on principle I shouldnt have to speak to them to make a regular payment as I have been doing and especially at the 40p a min it will cost me from my mobile, I contacted them on friday through their online contact form to just ask why I couldnt make a payment online and that I kept getting an error message, I ve just recieved this reply back
    'Our client's policy states that e-mails sent over the internet are not always a secure means of communication. It may be stored and accessible at several intermediate points anywhere in the world, and possibly for some time after it has been read. For this reason our clients policy is that we are not allowed to communicate with you by this method.
    We will therefore respond to your query either in writing or by phone'
    Im probably paranoid but feel like they are forcing me to speak to them when I have asked them to only contact by mail, I know they are going to ask me about my circumstances and to increase my payment which I just cant do, is it ok just to ask for their bank details and refuse to talk about anything else ? any tips ? thank you
  • sourcrates
    Options
    Just pop a quick letter in the post asking for bank details, job done, simples !!!
  • swampduck
    swampduck Posts: 962 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If it helps the bank details I've been given are

Sort code :40-43-19
    Account: 71589857
    and quote your ref number.

These are lowlife debt collectors and we have been paying them for ages - now that their debt has dropped off our credit files I have dropped their payment to one pound a month!. Because we have been paying for so long we can't use the SB argument because of admitting the debt and paying it - I offered them a 10% Full and final settlement but they were not having any of it and wanted 75% I told them not to bother calling me again but they said our situation might change!! Whether it does or not - I said what I pay monthly won't change nor will my offer of 10% - it will take them 3years to get 36 quid. The lad asked if they could send me a SOA form - said you can send what you like - it won't change anything - his answer was we are trying to help you!! I laughed at him!!! :rotfl:

Swampy
    Expect the worst, hope for the best, and take what comes!!:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family