No employee contract & commision issue

Options
I was employed for one month short of 2 years and never issued with a contract dispite asking for one several times. I had an offer letter when I started and, a year and half later, a handbook which all staff received. I have just left my job giving a weeks stat notice (as I said no contract to state otherwise). I am using acas as they have not paid commission due for sales that have completed since I left and they are claiming its company policy that once you leave you can't claim your commission so are refusing to pay. I have nothing to say I was aware or agreed to this and there is nothing to say this in my offer letter or handbook. My offer letter from when I started says I will get paid on any sale once they are paid. How do I stand as the next step is empoyment tribunal.

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How much money are you talking about here?
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,646 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It is quite usual for commission not to be paid after a person leaves their employment.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    It is quite usual for commission not to be paid after a person leaves their employment.
    It is. So it is going to come down to the exact wording and possibly custom and practice. I don't think anyone can call this one - we don't know the detail to say which way it could go. And probably the OP won't either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure