Getting credit/mobile phone before bankruptcy

Options
Hi
I have been foolish and took out a mobile phone contract weeks before im due to submit my bankruptcy application. I have sold the sold the phone since as i needed funds and used the money to pay off some small bills and freinds i owed money to. I feel really bad and think iv made the situation worse I have not added the phone contract to my bankruptcy but will be unable to pay it, I dont know if to wait to submit my application so it dosent look as bad or to say nothing and hope for the best? Im really worried now what to do?

Comments

• Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 October 2017 at 11:34AM
    Options
    The debt should be disclosed along with all your other debts. You are legally required to be honest with the OR and in any case they can easily find out from your credit history. You need to be upfront about this.

You will also be required to disclose the fact that you repaid friends. This is likely to be considered a preference payment so will be pursued by the OR.
  • PJ_Reid
    Options
    Thanks for advice it was only £50 i owed but il let the OR know
  • Darrenm325
    Options
    Be carful I owed my dad some money I repaid him , I went bankrucpt a year later and now they are chasing my dad for the money that I payed him of 5 k
  • Lioness_Twinkletoes
    Options
    PJ_Reid wrote: »
    Thanks for advice it was only £50 i owed but il let the OR know

So what did you do with the rest of the money? New phones achieve a lot more than £50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure