Sainsburys won voucher

Options
Hi we did a big spend in Sainsburys the other day for towels and the cashier handed a voucher which could be used the following day onwards till this Saturday, its for 500 points which is £2.50 (not a lot but always pop in for bits so there Saturday)

Do I just take something to the till and it gets knocked off or do I buy something for £1 then scan voucher for it to be loaded to my card then buy something using points on card?

Is it money off voucher or bonus points voucher to card?

Comments

• Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    it gets added onto your other Nectar points - you'll probably need to take it to CS
  • ktcoil
    ktcoil Posts: 559 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    thanks, sorry whats cs?

and can I just buy something for £1 scan it then do a separate shop after and then pay with points off card?
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Whenever I got those sort of vouchers it said spend £X and get 250 points. So I guess if it doesn't specify the amount you need to spend, then just spend £1 and hand the voucher to the cashier and you should get the points.

The vouchers are to get you back in the store every week, they usually have an expiry date of a week.
  • ktcoil
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    yea got this sunday and she said use before Saturday so going to go in Saturday morning.

It doesn't say anything about a spend that I can see on it.
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had one of these online but only saw it yesterday when it expired. I did go into Sainsbury's and spent about £8 on things I needed anyway. Came out with three new vouchers, although very unlikely to use any of them as they are quite short-dated.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • simesb
    simesb Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    ktcoil wrote: »
    thanks, sorry whats cs?

?

Customer Service
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got one of these the other day. The assistant just scanned it onto my Nectar card straight away, I didn't need to spend anything else.
  • Chris25
    Chris25 Posts: 12,918 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Callie22 wrote: »
    I got one of these the other day. The assistant just scanned it onto my Nectar card straight away, I didn't need to spend anything else.

I think the till assistants were told that, for the duration of the promotion, they could scan one of those but if you had multiple vouchers you needed to go to Customer Services.

I've no idea, now that the promo is over, whether you can scan them on self-service tills or assisted ones.I think I'd just go to CS first to get the points added, then shop.

I got a 500 points voucher but my husband & my daughter were both lucky enough to get 2000.
  • ktcoil
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    thanks guys, went to customer services and they loaded it, points on straight away and got some wine glasses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure