PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Wednesday 7th February 2018

Options

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all

Happy Birthday JackieO. I hope you have a lovely day. I know your lovely family will do their best to spoil you.

I'm off out today. First to slimming world with friends (I have to go to class, doing it alone never works for me - I need to be accountable to someone other than myself), then I'm going for lunch with one of them. My friend also needs new trainers so we'll have a walk around the shops. I don't need anything but it's an indoor walk and every little helps.

It's frosty here so not looking forward to losing the feeling in my hands while scraping the car, but I think it's only the fourth time that I've had to do it this winter so it could be worse. I'm so looking forward to warmer weather as we move closer to spring.

Take care all of you.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all

Happy Birthday JackieO, have a great day :bdaycake:
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning all
    Happy Birthday Jackie O :bdaycake: Have a lovely day with you fab family i know they will spoil you
    Well snow has arrived in Essex overnight and Dolly had a lovely walk this morning she was very bouncy kicking up the snow she is off to the groomers today but is just chilling now on her bed
    Dumpling thats lovely news for you all and lucky Bobby
    Not much happening here managed to get a great price for a holiday to Vegas in November never been before but at the price i couldn't turn it down so now i will be checking out all the saving advice whilst we are out there as this was supposed to be a quick getaway :o
    Dinner tonight steak pie for the men with roasties n veg and chicken breast n cauliflower rice for moi
    Have a great day stay safe and warm x
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :bdaycake:_party__party__party_:dance::dance:oregonian_winesmiley.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jackiemum have a lovely day special lady and hope you are spoilt rotten Ill have a drop of Gin to mark your day

So cold here the heating is going no where near it at the moment. Had a better day with mum yesterday. She is exactly the same as usual but I am working hard to let it all go over my head. I was talking to one of the customers I coach the other day and I was preaching my favourite mantra that "you can't change a persons behaviour but you can change how you respond to it" I realised I needed to practise what I preach when it comes to mother. So I smiled sweetly and didn't rise to any of the digs which made the day a lot easier. Cant promise it will last though we shall see.

Was going to make some HM doner kebabs today but I have no pitta breads in and don't really want to shop till Friday so Ill grab something else out the freezer instead. boiled egg with soldiers for brekky :)

Dumpling enjoy your new family member
    Holly I dont know how you cope with so little sleep :( maybe some time outside in the fresh air will help.
    Tru one of my goals has always been to own a really pretty beach hut which I doubt will ever be reality but your idea for transforming your room into one is amazing hope we can have piccys

Have a great day all especially Jackie xx
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Many happy returns of the day JackieO hope you have a lovely time with your family x

It was snowing when we went to bed last night and there is still a bit lying around, it's very cold.
    Yesterday was successful in that we picked up some smashing curtains for the dining room, they as heavier so will aid in keeping the room warm and look very nice. We also picked up some new shades for the overhead lights and moved the crystal/chandelier type ones up into our bedroom, they look much better in my boudoir :D
    Today I have a friend coming to mine and then we are driving on to meet up with another pal to take her out for lunch, she can't drive at the moment due to health problems and has booked a table for lunch at a pub in her village, will be great to catch up on all the news.

My DOH has some leftover pasta bake in the fridge, will see how hungry we both are later and if we want much supper.

Welcome to little Bobby, hugs to all with sleep problems, keep warm and safe folks x
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to those in need, happy birthday to JackieO
    Well let's see if my kindle will let me post this morning.
    I have a boat clean to do, some babysitting and CHS needs a lift to work. I also need to do a pile of washing and fill the water tank up, fill the coal bucket, sort the stove out, make up some meals for CHS lunches and sweep, dust and mop the boat. Just an average day on the cut then.
    I'm desperately trying to finish a blanket and also make some cloth shopping bags,, they won't get done today.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 February 2018 at 10:09AM
    Options
    Good morning chums and thank you all for my birthday wishes ,I am such a lucky lady to have so many friends both in the RW and on here in the 'virtual 'one. I had so many card to open this morning and my youngest Dd is coming to visit me today as its her day off and I am going to dinner at their house tonight, so will see three of my handsome grandsons.

Eldest DD Shelley is coming after work finishes at 4.00.and I believe my DGD Holly is going to pop in at some point today as well.

DGS Danny will facetime me later from NYC its only 4.00 am out there at the moment so he will be fast asleep.

The snow arrived around 3.30 this morning as when I looked out it looked really pretty, but its not too deep, and will be gone mostly by lunchtime hopefully. The roads are clear at least, and its only slightly thin covering on the paths.

dumpling my DD has a rescued westie called Ted and he is a real little character and full of charm, the family all dote on him, her middle aged Jack Russell Lexi looks at him a bit distainfully at times as he is very energetic, and she is far more staid :)but they get on well together and are company when the family are out.

Every day the days are getting longer and closer to spring and lighter evenings thank goodness. I'm sure we will soon be complaining about the heat :)

Right time to get the coffee on,thanks again chums for your birthday wishes its very kind of you all

Take care and keep warm if you can

JackieO xxx

Thanks Nelski a drop of decent gin will make things seem so much brighter and think of it as a medicinal aid to help you cope with your Mum, xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Happy Birthday Jackie, hope you have a lovely day with your family.

OH continues to improve, its the coffee morning at the little chapel so will be walking round later.

We were forecast a frost last night, but it did not come, sun is shining but its brrrrr. I left the heating on when we went to bed, had to get up and turn it down, it was too warm.

I need a trip to Aldi, the chiropodist is coming at 10.am tomorrow, will get her to do me first and then I will hop off. Need milk if nothing else...my neighbour also needs a couple of things from Morrison so will do that at the same time. I do not know why but I seem to have the same amount in my shopping basket every two weeks as if I went once a month. I really need to do a freezer audit and see just what I can use up now OH is slowly getting back to normal. His food preferences are really coming to the fore, some things disappear at the speed of light, others end up with him leaving some, he has to get over this, one thing drives me nuts is faddy eating!!

Bed changed yesterday, need to iron it sometime today, or it will be Friday before I get round to it.

Spad bol for supper tonight, have to cook the sauce, will see how much of that he eats!!
  • whiteguineapig
    Options
    Happy birthday JackieO, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Jackie you have mentioned that you have a few loyalty cards that give a "treat" when its your birthday, just wondering if you have a Bodyshop loyalty card which gives a £5 treat on your birthday? (I got some nice conditioner with mine this year)
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday JackieO,sounds like you have a nice day planned.
    Csarina glad OH is feeling better.

Its a gorgeous day here but very cold.It snowed nearly all day yesterday but didnt stick on the roads.Still a bit on the park and the ground is frozen-good no soggy paws and muddy boots.Ly1a loves rolling on the ground when it's like that :rotfl:
    Enjoy Bobby,dumpling :)
    DGC tonight :) I might make a sausage plait as I have puff pastry to use up.I made some pea and camembert soup yesterday after my friend told me she had it at their church cafe,I'll finish the rest at lunchtime.Got a recipe off the internet.
    Right I shall carry on with my cleaning-have a good day x
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure