Options
13»

Comments

• Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    celerity wrote: »
    (argh, typed out my reply and the forum lost it - I *hate* it when that happens :( )
    If this happens before you have clicked 'submit', you can usually retrieve it by clicking 'undo', which is the left-hand curled arrow.
  • michelle64
    Options
    hi , does anyone know where to buy layers pellets in the north east in bulk. thank you
  • Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are there any agricultural suppliers near you? That will probably be your best bet.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 April 2015 at 3:15PM
    Options
    I pay £12 a month for a 20 bag from pets at home. I have searched the internet and found £7..£8 but then postage on them pushes it up to (and sometimes over) the £12 mark anyway!! I haven't found any local suppliers either which sell at a decent cost.

I have four ex-commercial hens and they have one measuring jugs worth of pellets every morning then they get bits and bobs when I have spare - such as peas, sweetcorn, mash potato, scrambled egg ect ect. I have tried apples with them but they aren't fussed, they do enjoy berries though! They'll be spoilt little things once my plants start coming in to fruit ;)

p.s. mine aren't free range. They spend most of their time in the pen then have time in the garden a few times a week when I'm around to watch them.
  • loskie
    loskie Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    michelle64 wrote: »
    hi , does anyone know where to buy layers pellets in the north east in bulk. thank you

What do you mean bulk?
    The places I go to get 28 tonnes in bulk at a time.
    I am guessing you mean 25kg bags.
    Any agricutural merchant/country store
    http://www.molecountrystores.co.uk/our-stores
  • Chrisp1979
    Options
    I've just joined this forum after reading some of your comments, I have quite a few geese and chickens and also some ducks, after been on shutdown since December its cost me an absolute fortune in feed which got me think about buying bulk. I'm talking tonne bags at a time. Has anyone done this because searching online brings up blanks. Even 4 tonne at a time I don't mind as long as it knocks the £8 a bag price out the water. My friends have cows and they pay £150 a tonne with all additives in do what makes chicken food so expensive? It's because the general man or woman can have them and start been self sufficient and god help anyone for trying that. If anyone has any contacts or a link I would be grateful.
  • Chrisp1979
    Options
    I've just joined this forum after reading some of your comments, I have quite a few geese and chickens and also some ducks, after been on shutdown since December its cost me an absolute fortune in feed which got me thinking about buying bulk. I'm talking tonne bags at a time. Has anyone done this because searching online brings up blanks. Even 4 tonne at a time I don't mind as long as it knocks the £8 a bag price out the water. My friends have cows and they pay £150 a tonne with all additives in so what makes chicken food so expensive? It's because the general man or woman can have them and start been self sufficient and god help anyone for trying that. If anyone has any contacts or a link I would be grateful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure