PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fresh bedding for a guest staying one night? Do I bother?

Options
DS1 has a friend coming for one night and I said the friend could sleep in DS2 bed (rather than sofa) because DS2 is at uni. The sheets were fresh on before DS2 last came home and he's slept in them for 3 nights. They look clean, do I bother changing them for new ones for the guest?

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well, I would....
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,006 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Personal preference I suppose, I would change them to be fair as I would not like to sleep in a bed with the same sheets that someone else has slept in for 3 nights.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    Me too! That said, he probably won't care, he will have slept on much worse at Uni I am guessing!!
  • Hedgehog99
    Hedgehog99 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Ewww! If you're not prepared to offer clean sheets, don't offer for the friend to stay.

I assume you plan to change the sheets after the guest has left before DS2 sleeps there again? Therefore show the same respect to your guest.
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would but if you really don't want to then put the clean bedding ready on the side and tell friend to change it themselves as bed has been used by ds for 3 nights. Up to friend then....
  • misty6
    misty6 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I would change them...
    Mortgage and debt free :)
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm really genuinely surprised by the strong reactions my question got! I wouldn't be bothered if a friend put me up for one night on a used bed as long as it looked clean. I have the sheets in the wash as I type....
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would give him fresh sheets, but then let ds sleep on them the rest of the week, assuming guest was clean :)
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm really genuinely surprised by the strong reactions my question got!
    I don't think I noticed any strong reactions. I did notice six in favour of changing and none against, but that was all. Make that seven....
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Make it eight. Just the thought of sleeping in sheets that someone else (other than my husband) has slept in makes my skin crawl.

I'd also change them again before DS2 used the bed again (on the basis that it's DS1's friend, therefore possibly a stranger to DS2).
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure