Civil Service Pension - Left EMployer - What now?

Options
My husband has recently left the Civil Service after his post was outsourced to a large company - He TUPE'd over to them, so kept all pay deal, terms conditions etc.

He has had 25 years service o has built up 25/80s pension wise. The new company are paying all contributions on a like for like basis as old pension. The dilema comes with what to do with the accrued pension already earned. It is a final salary scheme. He can either leave civil service one where it is or transfer it to the new companys scheme. We are really not sure what way to go with this and any help would be very much appriacted.

Many Thanks:T :T
No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Without knowing all the facts we cant answer fully. Plus we cant give advice here anyway. However, my gut initial response is leave the exisiting pension where it is as its financially safer in the Govts hands than a private scheme
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got a nasty suspicion that he has no choice - ISTR everything is transfered to the private sector company & he no longer has any connection to the civil service, inc the PCSPS

Andy
  • Sumostar
    Sumostar Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I'm an ex-Civil Servant with 14 years of pension and I wouldn't transfer mine out for a gold clock! If all else fails ( and they sometimes do ) I know I have my PCSPS.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure