Ex boss & colleagues keep viewing my linked in?

Options
So for the last couple of months I get alerts every week on who has viewed my LinkedIn profile and for the last few months my last job keeps viewing my profile, today one of my old colleagues viewed my profile. I’m finding it a bit weird with this constant checking. I was only there 3 months and left because I hated it, however I left on ok terms. Anyone know why they would be doing this?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Because everyone gets pop ups of connections, likely connections, 'do you know this person' notifications etc and people click on them.

No one is really interested in you, so don't worry about it.
  • Caroline_a
    Caroline_a Posts: 4,071 Forumite
    Options
    Does your profile say that you are still there? I know of people who have left their previous job on Linkedin for a long time after leaving.
    The general consensus from managers in companies that I've worked in is that they don't like it. Not necessarily my opinion as nobody wants to be seen as being out of work for months but I think there's a lot to be said for the 'looking for new opportunities' entry.
  • Stressedtothemax95
    Options
    No I recently got a new job and changed my title already so nothing tying me to them.
  • Stressedtothemax95
    Options
    I’m already connected to them, so not sure why I would come up on suggested
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you asked them ?

Maybe they are interested in what you moved onto.

Could be any reason really.
  • SuperPikachu
    Options
    Nosey weirdos?
  • Gingernutty
    Options
    Why did you not block them when you left?
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
  • Stressedtothemax95
    Options
    I never left on bad terms and didn’t want to cause a problem by blocking them as in future I would need a reference
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,306 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Curious to know what you are up to would be my first guess, also maybe wondering if you have stayed longer in the new job than you did with them.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • About-time
    Options
    I have to be honest, occasionally I look at people's LinkedIn profiles just to laugh at the utter horsesh*t they write on them. You'd be surprised how many people mention absolutely anything except the job they are actually contracted and paid to do.

So I guess it could just be idle curiosity, especially if you've come up as a connection to them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure