Need some advice

Options
As a carer i asked to reduce my hours by letter. Boss sent me a flexible working form I filled it in asking for 2 of the 4 shifts I have worked the last 2 or 3 years. I was not spoken to only thing was Rota was changed and I was in Sunday and Wednesday afternoon. Now new Rota has gone up and I'm working Tuesday morning and Sunday. Was left a note to sign new contract which I did but it does not state days or times.is there anything I can do. Boss is not in on days I work normally although on one Wednesday was in and I asked if I was to sign a contract but was told erm no coz I put it through payroll. But contract was left yesterday and hours were changed 3 weeks ago. Thank you.

Comments

• marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    60katy wrote: »
    As a carer i asked to reduce my hours by letter. Boss sent me a flexible working form I filled it in asking for 2 of the 4 shifts I have worked the last 2 or 3 years. I was not spoken to only thing was Rota was changed and I was in Sunday and Wednesday afternoon. Now new Rota has gone up and I'm working Tuesday morning and Sunday. Was left a note to sign new contract which I did but it does not state days or times.is there anything I can do. Boss is not in on days I work normally although on one Wednesday was in and I asked if I was to sign a contract but was told erm no coz I put it through payroll. But contract was left yesterday and hours were changed 3 weeks ago. Thank you.

Were your hours ACTUALLY changed or have you just asked for it...
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sorry but I'm not getting the problem? You asked to do two shifts only, and your are doing two shifts only. Why did you think the new contract should state specific days or times? The existence of a rota tends to suggest that shifts can alter.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I suspect you may have asked your employer the wrong question here.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • 60katy
    60katy Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Have always worked afternoon's for last 2 or 3 years. I asked to do 2 of the 4 I was already doing but now it's been changed to morning.
    Thank you for yoyr reply
  • 60katy
    Options
    Hours are same pretty much it's just afternoon to morning after working last 2 or 3 years afternoon and I only asked to do 2 of the 4 I have done last few years
  • Diamandis
    Options
    Did you put in your flexible working application that you only wanted to do afternoons?
  • 60katy
    Options
    I asked in application to do 2 of the 4 shifts I have done since at least 2014
  • Diamandis
    Options
    I think you need to let us know exactly what was written. I'd expect flexible working applications to have all the times that the employee is available clearly stated.
  • 60katy
    Options
    It didn't state days or times it asked when I wanted it to start who would cover the hours so I said asap and gave a name who wanted more hours and said I wanted to do 2 of the 4 I was already doing.which are all afternoons. I haven't worked mornings and have always worked same days since before boss came. Have never had conversation with boss about it was not told it was being changed even on the day I saw boss nothing was said.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    It didn't state days or times it asked when I wanted it to start who would cover the hours so I said asap and gave a name who wanted more hours and said I wanted to do 2 of the 4 I was already doing.which are all afternoons. I haven't worked mornings and have always worked same days since before boss came. Have never had conversation with boss about it was not told it was being changed even on the day I saw boss nothing was said.

So it seems like your request for those hours hasn't been accepted?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure