Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Can employer pay into life time ISA

Options
hello,
iv got a limited company that only employs myself, does any one now if i can set up a life time ISA in my name (as an employee) and have the company match my contributions as a pension pot or would it have to be a proper pension scheme? thanks in advance

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,383 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ISA stands for Individual Savings Account.

Whilst ISAs can get some third party payments (where source is identified), it would be classed as income if taken via a limited company and taxed accordingly.

LISAs are not at all popular. They offer very little for most people and the pension or S&S ISA is better for most. They can fill a niche but pension & S&S ISA are better in most cases.

Are you sure you are an employee? Normally, where you are the shareholding director with no employees, you are just an officer and not an employee. If you are employed then you would be forced to have an auto-enrolment scheme.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure