Free by 30

Options
Hello everyone,

I'm back again with the same debt all be it with a different alias. I couldn't remember my login details and my old email got hacked so unfortunately had to make a new account. However I see this as a clean slate. Before I had been somewhat seasonal on the forum, far too lackadaisical about my debts so hopefully this new profile will give me the fresh start I need.

In terms of debt, I've not worked that out yet but I know it's circa £10,000. I will work it out and the interest rates etc just now and post it up. As I mentioned I've been on the forums before so hopefully I know enough about what I need to do to actually put in place a plan of action to tackle this.

I'll update this regularly with what I'm doing so that hopefully you can all follow my journey with me.

Cheers
J

Comments

• Hi,

Welcome back, happy shiny diary x
  • Tea&Kittens
    Options
    Hi Free!
    Look forward to following your journey to debt-free-ness!
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • Freeby30
    Options
    Well, the past few weeks have been absolutely hectic, this is the first chance I'm getting to sit down and clear my feet. We got married in August and I thought that all the chaos leading up to the day would dissipate after it but it hadn't until now. Phew!

I'm sitting down to consolidate all my payments into an excel spreadsheet and seeing what magic I can work (hopefully).

This is even more important now that we have discovered that my wife is pregnant (very early stages) with our second, so with that comes excitement and anxiousness at our current state of affairs. If anything can give me a kick up the backside to get things under control that must be it!

Update soon :)

J
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Congratulations! Sounds like you have had a busy few months. Good luck with your journey.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Congratulations on number 2 :) x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiny new diary :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure