Bootcamp owes refund of £899 for cancelledMarbella Luxury Bcamp but won't pay!! help!

Options
Hi,

I booked a bootcamp for my wife for a week in October and paid by bank transfer to the woman who runs the bootcamp, £899 in total.
It was in the marbella region of Spain.

This camp was cancelled the day beforehand, due to the accommodation they chose being far below standard, with broken villa rooms, by the organiser.

This person sent a paypal cheque back to me but this was cancelled (by her) and now is giving me the run around and not paying back to my bank account. THerefore I am owed £899 still

What can I now do, we live in southern Spain and so does she, do we search the area where she lives, ask around and confront in person, or raise a small claim. Also she is on facebook, do we start to contact all her contacts to warn about her practices?

We will find and confront if we have to put it won't be the nicest discussion we've ever had

She isn't answering my email or phonecalls but has responded to my wife's mothers email about 2013 bootcamps, so is still seeking business and other peoples money.
All in all she is slippery and dishonest but I need my money back.

Any advice welcome.

thanks
sotoloko

Comments

• 00ec25
    00ec25 Posts: 9,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you will have noticed on the way to this page because you had to click that you had read it that CAB only deal with 4 areas and consumer rights is not one of them

please explain why you think this is a matter for a UK board
    you live in Spain, so does the organiser but you paid in GBP so is the company subject to UK law or Spanish law ? until we know that anything further is pointless
  • maninthestreet
    Options
    Not many Spanish legal experts on these boards, but you might get lucky.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi,

I booked a bootcamp for my wife for a week in October and paid by bank transfer to the woman who runs the bootcamp, £899 in total.
    It was in the marbella region of Spain.

This camp was cancelled the day beforehand, due to the accommodation they chose being far below standard, with broken villa rooms, by the organiser.

This person sent a paypal cheque back to me but this was cancelled (by her) and now is giving me the run around and not paying back to my bank account. THerefore I am owed £899 still

What can I now do, we live in southern Spain and so does she, do we search the area where she lives, ask around and confront in person, or raise a small claim. Also she is on facebook, do we start to contact all her contacts to warn about her practices?

We will find and confront if we have to put it won't be the nicest discussion we've ever had

She isn't answering my email or phonecalls but has responded to my wife's mothers email about 2013 bootcamps, so is still seeking business and other peoples money.
    All in all she is slippery and dishonest but I need my money back.

Any advice welcome.

thanks
    sotoloko

Hi sotoloko - our CAB representatives can only provide advice for situations in England & Wales. As you live in Spain and the bootcamp was based in Spain, we'd recommend that you get expert advice where you live. However, it may be possible to find a solicitor in the UK that would help with the matter.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure