DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9

Options

Comments

• Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

So in today's post a letter from Tesco issue a default notice, we've missed one payment and a charge of £12 for doing this. No acknowledgement of the DMP. Do I just wait, they have cashed my token payment or would you ring and explain the situation?
    Also two letters from HSBC advising I'm OD and they are charging me £25 and the same in the loan account. Again would you ring them? Not sure what to do??
    Any advice much appreciated, thanks Julie
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Mossop01
    Mossop01 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    Hi julie, i had similar letter from hsbc last week, rang them and they have no info from SC about DMP and until they do (or find it amongst their backlog) they will continue to add fees and interest. They werent helpful or charming for that matter, just kept asking me to make full payment, which of course i declined telling them to expect payment through SC and gave them my ref number.... Again!
    Think they are going to be the sting in my thorn... But i WILL not be beaten.... My guilt over missing payments has gone now, 25 yrs of banking with HSBC and they talk to me like dirt! Nasty pasties!!! Haha.... Ah well no post tomorrow... Phew!
    LBM Dec 2012 total debt 33,889 :eek:dmp started March 2013 DFD Dec 2024
    Nov 2015 balance £22,679 going in the right direction!!
    Onwards n upwards!:T
  • bertman
    bertman Posts: 275 Forumite
    Options
    Mossop01 wrote: »
    Hi julie, i had similar letter from hsbc last week, rang them and they have no info from SC about DMP and until they do (or find it amongst their backlog) they will continue to add fees and interest. They werent helpful or charming for that matter, just kept asking me to make full payment, which of course i declined telling them to expect payment through SC and gave them my ref number.... Again!
    Think they are going to be the sting in my thorn... But i WILL not be beaten.... My guilt over missing payments has gone now, 25 yrs of banking with HSBC and they talk to me like dirt! Nasty pasties!!! Haha.... Ah well no post tomorrow... Phew!

HSBC are in a right mess with this, they have a huge backlog of details sent over by SC. We had to wait nearly 5 months for them to acknowledge that we were on a DMP.. This despite SC sending the details to them 6/7 times. They have now cancelled interest and refunded all the interest we have paid since we set up the plan.
    It will happen, just bear with it. It does show though that there are a lot of people on DMP's - we are not alone!!
    Debts as of June 2012 - £68,986.35
    Now £27,470.20 :T
    57% of debts cleared:beer:
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning guys, a quick update from me, I am STILL fighting with very/shop direct for them to realise I am on a DMP. After 4 written letters and none to my satisfaction, we are off to the FOS! x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • Mossop01
    Mossop01 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    Hi bertman, thanks for the advice ill just keep persevering, amazes me how one big high street bank can be so different from another, who took a week to reply and freeze interest!
    Have a great sunday everyone, i love sundays, no post day!
    LBM Dec 2012 total debt 33,889 :eek:dmp started March 2013 DFD Dec 2024
    Nov 2015 balance £22,679 going in the right direction!!
    Onwards n upwards!:T
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    katy_ann wrote: »
    Morning guys, a quick update from me, I am STILL fighting with very/shop direct for them to realise I am on a DMP. After 4 written letters and none to my satisfaction, we are off to the FOS! x

That's the spirit. Good luck with it, am fairly positive it will go your way.

HHx
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Mossop01 wrote: »
    Hi bertman, thanks for the advice ill just keep persevering, amazes me how one big high street bank can be so different from another, who took a week to reply and freeze interest!
    Have a great sunday everyone, i love sundays, no post day!

Morning

The sun is shining, it's going to be a good one :)

You will love Monday s and looking forward to seeing the postie to see the balance coming down at last before you know it.

HHx
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That's the spirit. Good luck with it, am fairly positive it will go your way.

HHx

Thank you! It got to the stage where they said "Yes we will accept your payment plan ..... for the next ONE month, after that normal charges will apply"

I obviously wrote back saying that one month is not good enough and that Ill just be back in exactly the same boat as before!

They replied to me stating "Ok we will accept your plan for EIGHT months" fair enough I thought, however they had changed the date the payment would be due by!! They can clearly see what date SC send the payments to them and they go and change it to a fortnight before hand! Grrrrrr x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • Hopelessly_Hopeful
    Options
    Julie67 wrote: »
    Afternoon all,

So in today's post a letter from Tesco issue a default notice, we've missed one payment and a charge of £12 for doing this. No acknowledgement of the DMP. Do I just wait, they have cashed my token payment or would you ring and explain the situation?
    Also two letters from HSBC advising I'm OD and they are charging me £25 and the same in the loan account. Again would you ring them? Not sure what to do??
    Any advice much appreciated, thanks Julie

Hi Julie

I wouldnt waste my time calling I'd go straight to them in writing stating that they have not formally acknowldeged you or helped with situation which is against the OFT guidelines for debt management. Point out they had communications from you and SC too. Adding charges means they are adding to your debt and are treating you no better than someone who just wont pay and isnt keeping in touch. Tell them you are seeking advice from the FOS the following week. If they don't respond within a week report them via that telephone number. FOS prefer the first log on the phone, it's really simple and they do the document for you.

Good luck with it.

HHx
  • cocoloco
    cocoloco Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cocoloco wrote: »
    Great news patator on natwest and MBNA!

One of our creditor is MBNA and hope they will be sympatetic with us as well.

Just a question about First Direct- we have a loan with £6000 still outstanding after we paid off all the interest at the start.

Q1- Do you think they will start charging interest again?!?

Q2- First Direct is a branch od HSBC- and I keep seeing in here that HSBC is probably the WORST creditor to deal with. Did anybody else dealt with First Direct- are they reasonable or a nightmare?
    Thanks in adavance!

Hi everybody, I hope you all have a peacefull weekend!!!

Sorry to be a pain, but anybody have any answers? I'm greatful for any advice.

My appointment with Payplan is tomorrow at 2 pm, got all my paperwork ready and feel strangely calm and empowered .- wonder how long will it last?
    :p "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD" :p
    'They can have my money but not my life!'
    :eek: Debt & mortgage free in 18 years :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills