o2 priority moments freebies and offers (**updated**)

Options

Comments

• Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rreeve wrote: »
    It's a bit sad why anyone would stay with a mobile network based only on the freebies and discounts that are offered. TBH, if that is the only benefit of signing up to O2 then you guys must have an awful phone contract.
    Personally, I'd much rather my network didn't buy into these gimmics and instead just discount the cost of my contract. This would allow ME to choose the GIMMICS that I want. For example, if my network spent £20 per year per customer to deliver weekly deals, discounts and offers, I'd much rather have that £20 taken off of my bill. When you work out exactly how much your saving from these network deals, discounts and offers you probably come to realise that you end up spending MORE than you would have done without these offers. It's nothing but a marketing trick to make people think they are getting something for nothing but in reality, you are forking out for something you probably wouldn't have bothered buying if the deal wasn't sent your way.

Well I would still need a phone contract and I did get a competitive deal with more cashback than on my prev EE contract thank you very much.

At the end of the day most people needs phone if it comes with offers and freebies then I'll take that compared to more or less the same price without them.

I wouldn't pay a lot more just to get the freebies but with cashback I'm getting every few months it works out the same for a far better bundle and the perks of Priority to boot.
    Priority isn't my sole reason for being on O2 but I'm sure for some it is.
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rreeve wrote: »
    It's a bit sad why anyone would stay with a mobile network based only on the freebies and discounts that are offered. TBH, if that is the only benefit of signing up to O2 then you guys must have an awful phone contract.
    Personally, I'd much rather my network didn't buy into these gimmics and instead just discount the cost of my contract. This would allow ME to choose the GIMMICS that I want. For example, if my network spent £20 per year per customer to deliver weekly deals, discounts and offers, I'd much rather have that £20 taken off of my bill. When you work out exactly how much your saving from these network deals, discounts and offers you probably come to realise that you end up spending MORE than you would have done without these offers. It's nothing but a marketing trick to make people think they are getting something for nothing but in reality, you are forking out for something you probably wouldn't have bothered buying if the deal wasn't sent your way.

If you notice in my post I said the freebies made it "worthwhile" and that I was increasingly frustrated by them taking down the service in my area. I've spoken to loads of people on different networks who all pay roughly the same as me for the same type of contract. There are other added benefits to being on o2 but these are insignificant if the service coverage is constantly going down near me! The freebies are a nice touch and as I said it does make being with them worthwhile, especially when I would pay the same with another network.
    :money::rotfl::T
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    The Boots treat is a free 500ml bottle of coke or an aero chocolate mousse bar from 27/2 - 13/03 while stocks last. I won't be rushing out for it but if I'm passing I'll pop in and get one.
  • constantworrier
    Options
    The Boots treat is a free 500ml bottle of coke or an aero chocolate mousse bar from 27/2 - 13/03 while stocks last. I won't be rushing out for it but if I'm passing I'll pop in and get one.
    Hi Ziggy, I've just joined O2 and wanted to ask, do you just show them the offer on your phone ? Thanks
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Options
    Hi Ziggy, I've just joined O2 and wanted to ask, do you just show them the offer on your phone ? Thanks

Yes, you have to click through and show them the countdown moving so they can tell it is not a screenshot.
  • constantworrier
    Options
    Yes, you have to click through and show them the countdown moving so they can tell it is not a screenshot.
    Great. Thank you so much.
  • Luckystar
    Luckystar Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    New freebie - under Mother's Day offers - Thorntons bag of chocolates valid 6/3 - 20/3 ��
  • ms_night_ryder
    Options
    Free prawn cocktail or roast chicken crisps from WH Smith travel shops
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    Free Millie's cookie, starting 13-19 March
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • savethepandas
    Options
    Got a bag of chocolates last week, code went to used, reappeared today as available and got my second bag this afternoon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback