Travelodge Discount Codes

Options

Comments

• liz_uk
    liz_uk Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    Options
    trickdick wrote:
    Hmmm

I stayed at A Premier Travel Inn in Manchester and had a lousy room - not clean - key card wouldnt work which meant FOUR trips from reception to the room on the 5th floor - I wrote and complained and was told that they were disappointed but no refund!!

When was that??

They offer a full money back guarantee, so if you complain on checkout, then you get your money back there and then !
    Debt Free Jan 2010!
    (Be happy) the state of your life is nothing more than the state of your mind! X
    :j
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    Options
    lol... i know this wasnt in a travel lodge type place, but on the theme of complaints, i worked in a outdoor centre which was in the middle of a forest, and the guests stayed in log cabins..... we had one family come to us and ask if they could move to a quieter cabin as the birds had woken them at dawn with their singing....!!!!!!!

;-) townies!
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • Lucy_Lastic
    Options
    That´s all very interesting, but does anyone have any Promotional Codes for Travel Lodge? :confused: :rudolf:
  • lamnicholas
    Options
    Dealmad wrote:
    Sorry but what happened to the customer always being right.

If your fire alarm often goes off at 5am then i suggest travel lodge invest in a better alarm , because if got woken up by a false alarm and was expected to get dressed and wait for the fire brigade before i can go back bed i would be quite mad to.

I have never stayed in travel lodge ,but for some people this is all they maybe can afford and to suggest to them... what do you want for £50 is an insult.

I've had the pleasure of staying in some nice hotels but they have been quite expensive and some people do not want to pay £260+ for one nights stay.

Btw i only stayed in expensive hotels cause of my ex-partner who got rooms from the company he worked for.

Also to call one of your guests a chav is unprofessional and uncalled for , maybe brush up on your customer service skills...i mean it would be dreadful if someone compared you to a chav for working in travel lodge hey.

The poster works for Premier Travel Inn, not Travelodge.

Anyway when Travel Inn merged with Premier Lodge I noticed that all mention of the 100% Satisfaction Guarantee in publicity material dissapeared, so I thought it had been scrapped? Oh well good to hear they still do it, not that I've ever had any problems on the few times I've used PTI.
  • jeppy
    jeppy Posts: 3,428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I booked in at a 3 star hotel, but they sold out to travel lodge. I paid £70!!! No hairdryer, the key didn't work, so everytime we wanted to get into our room we had to ask reception to come and use a special device to let us in, and many other small complaints, but basically not up to travel lodge standards and not up to £70 standards!!!

We originally booked with Quality, they didn't care and just kept passing the buck, although they hadn't notified us of the change. Who would pay £70 for a travel lodge, especially when A new Diamond Lodge was round the corner!! it only cost approx £32 inc breakfast, hairdryer, open bar telephone etc etc.

Anyhow, the person (presume a franchise?? confused) who had sold the hotel to Travel lodge (he wasn't quality inn, but we booked thinking quality inn!) gave us a full refund.

Thank you that man

Thumbs down to the Quality who by rights were our first point of contact and were terrible and I mean terrible (too long a story!! try to avoid booking with them!!) and also travellodge, who bought this hotel and either they stripped it, or the owners did and the Travellodge just left it as it was!!
    ACII and Chartered so now I can focus on learning to play my beautiful Sax. 🎷
  • chriz1000
    Options
    Its easy to get a refund at a Premier Travel Inn, once I booked in for two rooms in the one near Alton Towers, The next morning the TV alarm didn’t adjust to the daylight savings that happened at 12am so we are 1 hour late going to Alton Towers!
    Spoke to reception and was given a full cash refund for both rooms!
    Seems to me it would be better business sense for them to give you a one night free stay for your next visit rather than a cash refund!
  • fruitcake_2
    Options
    My partner has been staying at travelodge for three months now....yeah I know but we live in Manhcester and have tried to book lots of rooms in advance in London, and on nearly every occassion he has had to move rooms because of heating not working, toilet overflowing, window not shutting, and yesterday.....when I had the misforune of joining him, they had no water at all!! So no shower or tea!! and no refund! Just a jug of water.

They have never given a refund, all your comments have pushed me into writing a letter of all the nights with all the various complaints.

Sorry no discount voucher codes....
  • adjoce
    adjoce Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I stayed in travel lodge near birmingham in November, the fire alarm went off at 2am and they couldn't turn it off , we had enough by 5am and made our way home. As soon as I got home I sent a stinking complaint letter informing them that they need to train staff better as if there had been a fire we would have been burnt alive as it was such a shambles. (the night warden could hardly speak a word of english) I recieved a phone call a week later from a very concerned manager offering me a full refund, I also pointed out that we had prebooked and prepaid to go to cadbury land the next day and the children were very disappointed, so they offered to compensate me for them too.
  • jamrussell
    Options
    Dealmad wrote: »
    Sorry but what happened to the customer always being right.

If your fire alarm often goes off at 5am then i suggest travel lodge invest in a better alarm , because if got woken up by a false alarm and was expected to get dressed and wait for the fire brigade before i can go back bed i would be quite mad to.
    i used to be a manager for travelodge and completley agree with the statement and can empathise with you in that respect.

i am now a firefighter and see things like false alarms from a different perspective now. they are there for your safety and yes, false alarms may be annoying but how would you feel if you or a member of your family were injured or killed in a fire because it didnt go off at 5 in the morning??

not trying to ruffle feathers but the alarm was only doing its job. :)
  • aloiseb
    aloiseb Posts: 701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think there is such a thing as a discount code for Travelodges - I've looked for long enough! - butif you sign up for theiremail syou will know exactly when they put out more £15 (not a tenner any more,alas) rooms - you can't get a refund if you can't go, so lots get put onto Ebay.
    (Also, it's fairly obvious, some are bought by ticket touts so they can sell them on)

Premiertravelinns used to have a family discount card when they were alliedto Beefeaters, and I think you might still get a discount with them if you have an Emerald card, but that's only if there is someone over 50 (?55)
    going.
    I've used Travelodges a lot and had mixed experiences. The best thing is to find out which is the newest Lodge as they seem to be the nicest - try googling the lodge for opening cremony reports! Nobody has had time to wreck the room,or smoke sneakily behind the curtain, which seemed to be what had happened in the last 2 so-called "no smoking" rooms i was in....

At the last one, I complained - on principle, as I have asthma - and unexpectedly got a full refund. Which was nice.

My favourite Travelodge story comes from my daughter - when aged 3, we took her over to Grandma + Grandad who were staying in Durham TL. My daughter toddled in and said in a fearful voice, "Is this prison?"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure