Aberdeen University

Options
Any Aberdonians online?
I need to get from Aberdeen train station to Grays School of Art, yes I know I can google it (other search engines available!)
but just thought I would ask you friendly bunch :)
The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)

Comments

• Happibunni
    Options
    You can get a taxi at the station (not sure about the cost but Aberdeen taxis aren't the cheapest). Firstbus services 1 and 2 go to the Garthdee campus - stops are on Union Street, not far from station. £4 for an all-day ticket.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2018 at 8:08PM
    Options
    Grays is not part of Aberdeen University - If you ask for that, you will go to entirely the wrong end of town.

Instead, Grays is part of the Robert Gordon University and to get there, simply walk-up to Union St from the Station - ideally through the Trinity Centre - via tunnel/covered bridge from beside the station taxi rank and catch the 1, 2 or RGU shuttle buses which all go from the first stop on the right on the same side of the road when you come out of the centre main doors (beside Primark).

OTOH, the 1 and 2 stop right outside Grays whilst the RGU shuttle goes to the centre of their new campus development a few minutes walk away I can't remember if it goes down s far as Scott Sutherland/Grays though but its not a biggie. 1 and 2 are also a circular service, so whichever bus you get-on, you will end-up at the terminus at Gays, although it will take a while of you cross Union St and go the long way via Bridge of Don!

Cost of a ticket to RGU is such that you will get best value by getting a £4 day ticket from that stop but for a taxi, on an average traffic day that won't leave much change from a tenner each way but it could be as low as six quid if the traffic is on your side.
  • Happibunni
    Options
    pogofish wrote: »
    Grays is not part of Aberdeen University - If you ask for that, you will go to entirely the wrong end of town.

Instead, Grays is part of the Robert Gordon University and to get there, simply walk-up to Union St from the Station - ideally through the Bon Accord Centre - via tunnel/covered bridge from beside the station taxi rank and catch the 1, 2 or RGU shuttle buses which all go from the first stop on the right on the same side of the road when you come out of the centre main doors (beside Primark).

OTOH, the 1 and 2 stop right outside Grays whilst the RGU shuttle goes to the centre of their new campus development a few minutes walk away I can't remember if it goes down s far as Scott Sutherland/Grays though but its not a biggie. 1 and 2 are also a circular service, so whichever bus you get-on, you will end-up at the terminus at Gays, although it will take a while of you cross Union St and go the long way via Bridge of Don!

Cost of a ticket to RGU is such that you will get best value by getting a £4 day ticket from that stop but on an average traffic day that won't leave much change from a tenner,.

Trinity Centre is the centre to cut through not Bon Accord. :)
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks - I always get them mixed-up! :o
  • littleredhen
    Options
    thanks I did know that Grays School of Art was part of Robert Gordon University - header was wrong thanks for all the useful tips

• littleredhen
    Options
    We are going on a Saturday

• Happibunni
    Options
    Services run every 15 minutes on a Saturday (if the timetables are to be believed :rotfl:)

Hope you have a nice trip :)
  • littleredhen
    Options
    Thanks its my eldest daughter's first uni interview - first generation so proud

• Happibunni
    Options
    Congratulations, hope interview goes well.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you are travelling by train and haven't yet bought your tickets then the Plusbus add on will save you money on the First Bus day ticket, I think it's £3.

The bus stops on Garthdee Road outside Grays, or as pogofish suggests you can get off at the stop inside the campus at the Faculty of Health and Social Care and walk to Grays to get a closer look at the rest of the campus.

https://www.rgu.ac.uk/file/rgu-garthdee-campus-map-pdf-434kb

https://www.rgu.ac.uk/contact-us/transport-information/transport-information
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure