Lipsy emails ...

Options
Lots of people have been getting emails (including me) to say their order is on the way and thank you for updating account etc...their FB page apologises and says they haven't been hacked but it's to do with their marketing update or something! I was worried I had been hacked too!
Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!

Comments

• towser44
    towser44 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I was getting concerned earlier when a load of them arrived in my inbox. This has put my mind at rest :-)
    :easter:
  • Runnerduck
    Runnerduck Posts: 3,146 Forumite
    I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ive got loads too....
  • d0nner
    d0nner Posts: 220 Forumite
    First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Ah, thanks for this. I have loads too.
  • barginmad
    barginmad Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have one that says "You've received a Lipsy gift card refund" odd as not done so , not ordered anything from Lipsy ever. Did win a comp with them few years ago would have email address from that. Says gift card will be sent to billing address'. Very odd if it not hacked as they say!
    Best wins: Brit Awards & After Show Party Tickets 2012; Samsung Galaxy Note; 32" widescreen TV; £500 National Garden Vouchers; Kindle Fire HD; £100 high-street gift card; Kindle; Diamond Necklace; BAFTA TV Awards Tickets 2015; :beer:
  • badamsgirl
    badamsgirl Posts: 4,516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks for this. I had 3 emails from them and was wondering what it was about as I hadn't ordered anything from them in a long time.
    Good luck for 2024 Comping! Be lucky!
    My April 2024 Wins: Snickers (IW), kids book(web), bookmark (web), £1 cat food voucher x 5 (web), £33.34 (TW), game of minigolf (IW), pizza (IW), Biscuit voucher (PN), eyedrops (IG)
  • badamsgirl
    badamsgirl Posts: 4,516 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think although the initial panic with most people thinking they might be hacked is justified, the number of people demanding compensation on facebook is a little silly. Then again I do think that since they have been aware of the problem since last night, they should of resolved the issue by now, when instead I've received another 3 emails since my last post. And secondly they should of made it priority to send an apology/information by email as soon as the issue was made aware to them instead of a brief note on facebook as i'm sure a lot of us don't follow them on there.
    Good luck for 2024 Comping! Be lucky!
    My April 2024 Wins: Snickers (IW), kids book(web), bookmark (web), £1 cat food voucher x 5 (web), £33.34 (TW), game of minigolf (IW), pizza (IW), Biscuit voucher (PN), eyedrops (IG)
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Part of me thinks it was all part of their plan so they can send another email out saying...."please accept our apology, here's 10% off your next order" .... And guess what, they did!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    barginmad wrote: »
    I have one that says "You've received a Lipsy gift card refund" odd as not done so , not ordered anything from Lipsy ever.

I got just the one as well, the same as this. Deleted it immediately as knew I'd never ordered from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure