Bigdreams journey

Options

Comments

• Bigdreams_2
    Options
    Morning all

Time to have a good sort out day. Tidy up upstairs see what needs to go. Tidy house tidy mind and all that.

I'm gonna do make £5 a day challenge so need to get going with this as already behind.

I've sorted my jars out for my £2 jar towards OP and I've also started a foreign coins jar even though not worth owt interesting for kids and u never know I come across them all time may build up.

I'm still holding off applying for new CC at 0% as worried will affect mortgage application although offer is in.

I'm keeping up with surveys but struggling on what else I can do but positive all the way every little helps.

Gonna also take a look at monthly DD this weekend see where things can be tried to be lowered. Good news I've almost halved my car insurance for now saving me £21 a month massive difference over the year.

Ps how do I do a signature

Thanks
  • Bigdreams_2
    Options
    Start of a new week

I've started monitoring my gas and electricity use as that statement was ridiculous.

Pegs for washing out
    Pack up now making flapjack for boxes

Still doing PAD so every Thursday that's been split between savings and debt

Still to apply for 0% cc but waiting till mortgage clears.

Jobs for this week

Surveys
    Make flapjack x 2
    List of months outgoings
    Save pay what I can

Will update figures 1st April.
  • Bigdreams_2
    Options
    Well this week I feel disappointed in myself although made small changes feel like I should be doing so much more.

I've used PAD and paid that off CC
    I've joined swag bucks (still getting to grips with this)
    Quick thoughts
    Citizen me
    Attapoll
    Prolific

Any cash paid goes straight to debt/savings
    Any vouchers will go in xmas/b day funds.
    Scooter to be paid for August.

Listed lots of old clothes for sale will give this a week if they don't sell bag up for charity shop. I need to start feeling more in control that's house and finances.

Had letter to say swimming lessons are going up GREAT altho that's not by much. Also need to still take a look at monthly outgoings I want rid of Virgin and landline we don't use it but I know I'm still in contract so......

Needs to do my meal plan for week ahead I find this helps loads.

Also think gym membership gonna go now nicer weather about it i will quite happily go walking. That's £20 a month. Although I'd love a fit bit. Maybe a b day/mother day request.

Started stocking up easter eggs I only need to buy 9 so been getting a couple a week in shop.

Suppose all positive and in right direction just feel I could do more.

Thanks all. Looking forward to updating my figures 1st April. I still not sussed how to do signature or to subscribe to diaries but I'll get there I'm persevering.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Hi BigDreams, well done for keeping going. It's hard to keep the motivation up sometimes.
    All the small changes do add up over time so you are definitely going in the right direction :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hiya bigdreams!!:hello:

You're doing really well....its always tempting to think that there is more we could be doing, but you should be proud of yourself for what you are already achieving and that you are constantly looking at ways to do better! ;) I know that when I started overpaying my mortgage, it felt like a never ending battle but I'm massively closer now because I've kept at it...the end will be in sight soon enough! :D
  • Bigdreams_2
    Options
    Thank you for your replies.

I really want to stick to it. Even if I only overpay small amounts it's all beneficial in the end.
  • Bigdreams_2
    Options
    1st April- finances update

Cc1 - 2724.26
    Cc2 - 1939.35
    Catalogue 83.40
    Furniture - 1161.40

I've managed to knock 146.92 off my debt this month

Savings 1641.72

I've managed to add 387.85 to savings still aiming for that 5k

I know I need to do more in the debt area and I've given myself a target of 20 months. That's 5% a month of my debts to achieve that. I've worked out I've roughly managed 2.5% this month so definitely need to put more effort I to these areas.

I'm awaiting a top cashbook 50 quid so gonna pay that straight of debt once comes through as money I don't account for at all. I know there's other areas I can really take a look at too so there is room for improvement. I just really need to sit down and get it sorted.
    School holidays as long as we therefore stays nice I plan to have the kids out walking will take sandwiches and maybe buy them an ice cream unless I'm super good and make some goodies up.

Still not completed on mortgage so still waiting on that and will owe solicitor another 100 but then that's all paid.

Hope you are all enjoying your journey and any progress we make is still progress that's what I'm going with.

I really wish my contract with Virgin was up I'm sick of paying for it when we don't use it. Other than the broadband. Cancelled.my gym membership too was a complete waste of money. We now have car up for sale too so that will be an expense gone hopefully very soon.

Thanks
  • Bigdreams_2
    Bigdreams_2 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    I've just saved 27 quid on my home insurance and doubled the amount I'm covered for.

Small things but a very positive start to this month

Bring on APRIL feeling very positive so far

Xx
  • Bigdreams_2
    Options
    Set myself some little challenges up and some separate jars. Need to be more prepped and to plan ahead.

Have my 5p 2p and 1p jar on the go. This is massive and bless my dad he keeps all his coppers for me and adds to my jar once a week
    This pays for all Xmas food once counted bagged and banked.

I have a 50p jar so every 50p we have goes in. Week 2 of this and already £8 that's not missed.
    This is to pay for ds1 birthday present.

I am still aiming for £300 a month towards debts.

Still waiting to complete on mortgage but will be aiming for £100 O/P once through that will knock 6 years off.

Surveys
    TCB

Struggling with ideas for everything else. Other than to have sort out and get on flea bay.
  • Bigdreams_2
    Options
    Hi just a quick update for me.

Things not brilliant in the money saving department school holidays wipe me out reminding me I definitely need to be more organised next time around. Hopefully weather will be better though too more picnics and parks.

I've had a few expensive things crop up on top so dealing with them

I plan to sit down tonight find out where I am to the penny and what can be improved. I like quiet time to do this though OH just interrupts constantly.

My 50p Jar going well. £13.50 in there already for DS1 birthday present. Money I now do not need to find. Definitely feeling more organised in the sense.

Not so much looking forward to updating my figures come 1st may but we will see.

Speak soon xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport