Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2017 at 9:56PM
    Options
    redfox wrote: »
    I've used the Currency Club a few times in the past. Rates have always been very competitive and the service has always been good, can't vouch for any others though.

Redfox please do you know if the currency club charge a fee for using a debit card? I have read some reviews that say they do now but can't find it in their T&Cs. I don't do online banking so not sure if bank transfer will be possible. Their rate for the amount I want to exchange is pretty favourable at the moment.

EDIT: I have found it it's 0.25%
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    simpson100 wrote: »
    Yes this is true on each account I've been doing one for current month, claim e voucher then use that purchase next month's, certainly since the increase to £9.50 I've over 20 accounts so not had any problems with losing vouchers or merging of accounts ( 6 different cards ) Christ knows how they've not Cottened on. Thanks to the elite the food banks are full around here.

20?:eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: have you got a brass neck too?:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Received a Wilkinson razor in the post today.
    Thanks to TM for posting.
    I now have a free razor as i didn't participate in the sharpie shopping.

Ooh I got one too:T:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • simpson100
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    20?:eek::eek::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: have you got a brass neck too?:rotfl::rotfl:

Hmmmmm tub of brasso has been known to be in the order.

As I'm using the lockers, and never see a human it's easier to get a brass neck
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Redfox please do you know if the currency club charge a fee for using a debit card?

I see you have found the answer :)

I use bank transfer when I do it which doesn't attract a fee. You can always arrange a bank transfer in your bank branch if you don't do online banking.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I told a little fib earlier. I did manage to dip into the thread earlier at work as I was trying to see if the crisps worked.

I read a full page from last Thursday before I realised:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Unsurprisingly, there were no crisp shops:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Back from DD's where things are moving on quickly and it's getting quite exciting - basically it's the contents of 2 homes going into one, so there's going to be a lot of surplus to attend to and lots of sifting and sorting to be done.

Went to T on the way, all Easter stock sold out, got DD's shopping and had a coupon so got my milk and bread for free. :)

Snap, I'm glad your Dad can stay at home. Hope he gets better soon.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2017 at 5:17AM
    Options
    Morning.

Ending today, 3 for £20 beers

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/820753_2057714.html

Best comparison I can see for buying 3 is the San Miguel v Sainsbobs. £30 v £27. £4.77 each.

Other comparisons would have to be bought in 6s.
    Boddies v Tesco 2 for £16
    Strongbow v Morries 2 for £16
    Bud v Morries 2 for £16

6 for £25 wines

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/818481_2098373.html

I cant find any comparisons where Asda isn’t already the cheapest :(
    As it's 4.00 am I could have missed one so please feel free to check

Del Monte tinned fruit £1 each or 2 for £1.50

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle/661172_1791030.html

Peach slices in syrup and juice, and Pineapple slices and chunks should compare to Sainsbobs 80p. 47p each.

Kinder Surprise Chocolate Egg 77p each or 3 for £2.00.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=kinder%20eggs

Should compare to 65p in Sainsbobs. 48p each.

Kellogg’s Crunch Nut 2 for £5.00 and Grace Soups Asda already cheapest and ‘I am Supergrains’ appears only to be sold in Asda.
    Asda pickled onions/beetroot/red cabbage - very small apg on red cabbage and even smaller apg on couple of the onions. Not enough to do a shop for (if they do compare)

Check offer comes off at till/price they scan through at in case price drops later and don't shop too early - not exactly sure of what time is too early though
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    Options
    Now that my click snap receipts have all tracked on Quidco, how long does it usually take before the cash can be withdrawn ? I thought it would be like cos and be payable straight away but it seems more like tab. I would appreciate any advice please.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Thanks izzey unfortunately there are no beers there that dh would be interested in. The crisps are still not showing any multis on A website, not sure if that means anything.

Having a trip to waities on Thursday and I was wondering if there were any fabulous offers on there at the moment.

We've had plenty of bird activity in the garden, lots of birds making lots of nests, why suddenly this year I really don't know because nothing has changed. Wrens have made nests in two boxes, blue Tits in one and a blackbird made a nest in the bay tree which had three eggs in it. She would fly off every morning when i went to peg the washing out which gave me a chance for a quick look anyway one day she didnt fly off but i could see she wasn't on the nest and when I looked the eggs were gone. We had a Magpie nest three gardens down which has been mobbed by a parliament of crows who have now moved in. We'll be lucky if any birds stay.
    Anyway the blackbird has now starting making a nest right outside the back door which will be interesting. Dh was having a look last night when he said so is the other nest empty still I followed him down the garden and watched him saying, I can't see it. So I pointed to where it was and when I looked in I said I cannot believe my eyes there were three tiny blue eggs in there, it was only when I realised dh was nearly on the floor with laughing that they were tiny Easter eggs and he had put them there.......planning my revenge as we speak.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure