PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Open freezing fruit and veg

Options
My new fridge freezer doesn't have an open freezing shelf for loose freezing home grown fruit and veg like the old model did and I really miss this facility.

What's the easiest way of open freezing stuff in these circumstances so that I can bag fruit and veg up loosely rather than filling bags straight up from blanching where everything ends up in a solid block and I can't just grab a handful of product as I need it?

Comments

• Gigervamp
    Gigervamp Posts: 6,583 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just used to place the fruit/veg on baking trays and put them in the drawer after flattening the stuff in the drawer.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I've got melamine trays of varying sizes that I just line with enough clingfilm to cover the tray then wrap over the food.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Like others I just use anything flattish that fits into a drawer and I also line with clingfilm.Today I've got a dinner plate in there with a few sad mushrooms that will come in handy for a casserole. Just wanted to add that I don't bother blanching.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. This is what I've been doing. Just wondered if there was a better method which there doesn't seem to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure