Indesit dishwasher

Options
Hi Peeps

Just replaced my indesit dishwasher, with virtually the same one, now I always used the ECO wash on my other one, it used 0.94 kw per wash, on the new machine the same was uses 10.26 KW on the eco and 10.95 on the ordinary wash, this makes absolutely no sense to me, does anyone know why this would be?

thanks
sam
Sam B

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    where are you getting those numbers from?
  • Dave_Fowler
    Dave_Fowler Posts: 612 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    samuela66 wrote: »
    Hi Peeps

Just replaced my indesit dishwasher, with virtually the same one, now I always used the ECO wash on my other one, it used 0.94 kw per wash, on the new machine the same was uses 10.26 KW on the eco and 10.95 on the ordinary wash, this makes absolutely no sense to me, does anyone know why this would be?

thanks
    sam
    Something wrong with the measurements I guess. 10kWh is enough to heat all the water in a domestic hot water tank to 70C. The washing machine fill is a mere fraction of that amount of water.

What are you using to make the measurement? Are you reading the correct units?

Dave F
    Solar PV System 1: 2.96kWp South+8 degrees. Roof 38 degrees. 'Normal' system
    Solar PV System 2: 3.00kWp South-4 degrees. Roof 28 degrees. SolarEdge system
    EV car, PodPoint charger
    Lux LXP 3600 ACS + 6 x 2.4kWh Aoboet LFP 2400 battery storage. Installed Feb 2021
  • samuela66
    samuela66 Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Dave

I am getting the figures form the booklet that came with the new machine as compared with the booklet from my old one,

thanks
    sam
    Sam B
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Dave

I am getting the figures form the booklet that came with the new machine as compared with the booklet from my old one,

thanks
    sam
    Hi

What's the model number so someone can look-up the specs ?

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hi Dave

thanks
    sam

Could it be a misprint in your booklet?
    Indesit IDS105 Dishwasher also has an A rating for energy efficiency and uses only 10 litres of water and 1.02 kWh per cycle.
  • samuela66
    samuela66 Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Peeps

My bad, got my figures wrong,
    Old one is DIFP18B1 0.04 on eco
    New one is DIF04B1 1.04 on eco

I am hoping like you said this is a misprint as all the other figures are the same for every other wash?

Thanks
    Sam

We have called Indesit and they put the phone down on us
    Sam B
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Peeps

My bad, got my figures wrong,
    Old one is DIFP18B1 0.04 on eco
    New one is DIF04B1 1.04 on eco

I am hoping like you said this is a misprint as all the other figures are the same for every other wash?

Thanks
    Sam

We have called Indesit and they put the phone down on us
    Hi

Looks like the old model had a misprint .... http://docs.whirlpool.eu/_doc/19511522701_GB.pdf

The spec on page 2 states "Energy consumption of the standard cleaning cycle in kWh" to be 1.04kWh ...

Yet, the cycle table on page 12 shows 'Eco' to be 0.04kWh ...

However, later on the same page it states that "The ECO wash cycle is the standard cycle to which the energy label data refers."

So the standard cycle is Eco and consumption for that cycle should be 1.04kWh, which makes total sense because 40Wh wouldn't do much more than run the pump for the cycle (if that!) let alone heat some water!

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport