PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 6th March 2018

Options
124»

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    POPPY I was so sad to read your tragic news about your DIL. Of course she wants to be with her mum at this time and I so hope something can be sorted out for her to get there.

Welcome to CHANDELIER. Sorry life is not being very nice to you just now.

NAN I Hope Mr Fix-it soon picks up a bit. I know Mr TA falls off just before his injection is due so you could well be right.

I don't know where the days are going just now. They are over in no time leaving me with very little to show for it! This morning's doc visit was a bit worrying. It was mostly about the Nitrofurantoin I take once a day to keep my UTI's at bay after the consultant wrote me off after 3 years when he couldn't cure me. It seems it has come to light there can be bad side effects from taking them long term and the doc wanted to change to something else. I explained that NOTHING else works and when he had browsed the correspondence he agreed I had been on every a/b and this was the only option. They can affect lungs, kidneys and liver, so now I have to have spirometry and blood tests 3/4 times a year to keep a check on them. I'd rather that than have the miserable days of the neverending UTI's back. There's always summat!

Got stocked up on victuals etc afterwards. Quite a few bare spaces around still but got most of what we needed. I also nipped into Iceland for my free birthday treat (a bit early!) of a dessert if I presented my bonus card! I chose some eclairs which we have just sampled and very nice they were!

Other than watching Shetland (unless I fall asleep on the sofa) not much else is planned for this evening. Take care folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure