Brexit

Options

Comments

• BucksLady
    BucksLady Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    [QUOTE=Nemo1966;70785427

After watching this FACTUAL (the government do not deny any of it) documentary, anyone still wanting to stay in the EU must be on drugs - or the EU's payroll.[/QUOTE]

It's comments like this which make the OUT camp look really daft lol
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Richmc wrote: »
    I'm trying to contact MSE but having problems. Today I received a flyer from the remain camp with a quote from Martin Lewis, I can't see him endorsing this as on MSN he says he's voting remain but we have to make our own minds up, this kind of grates, anyone have a phone number for the office so I can let them know?

I received the flyer this morning but yesterday the Mail had this headline http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3627296/Consumer-champion-Martin-Lewis-blasts-David-Cameron-George-Osborne-s-lies-Brexit-warnings-declares-s-voting-Britain-stay-EU.html
  • MakeitgoRIGHT
    Options
    If we leave, the Eu/Euro will have a real tough time and might collapse just on this event -- like a big dam, a little crack, then two, more, and more, then a whole lot of tears. But we already have a few cracks from Greece and the others (Italy/gulp). Might crash down anyway and we would be wiser to stand away from the crash path.

So, the German and French dreamers will be a bit annoyed with us stepping back from further integration/union, and they might want to throw our toys out of the pram. But they will still need to export to us more than us-to-them -- they won't want to crash their own economy out of spite. So, they will be restricted on toy-throwing.

BUT, staying in is not any better. They will not only throw our toys out of the pram, they have much, much more they can and will likely do to strip UK down to size. eg, there is a plan to take our armed forces under one central command, for example. The sneaky lying Cameron is keeping that one quiet until after the referendum, in case some feel a bit threatened when other nations order our troops to go into battle (or stand down when we alone are threatened). There is a whole lot more coming with this integration and we are not going to come out of it any richer. They have already taken a few shots at our Financial industry over recent years. They will keep on and on with that one until Frankfurt is the top dog. Cameron tells us anything to con the vote and afterwards, well, forget it all. Plus he will be soon retire with all his mega cash so what does he really care, in or out. He just does not want his name in Wiki as a loser who failed to trick and boss the country on this vote.

The thing is, would you go into business with 1-2 others as a ltd company, when you do not hold control of the finances. Or with others that have a different purpose than you, and you know well that you cannot trust them at all. Well, you might still do it - many do, and those many people soon break up the ltd after disagreements with finances and who is pitching in more and getting less etc.

Keep the EEC trade deals/opportunities, but cut loose that integration and heavy control from Germany and France, cut lose from those heavily biased politicians who see this fat Brit cow, as their short-term food supply. And then.... greece all around, then new laws to force us to accept etc etc. And maybe use our own troops to enforce it.

No, it seems risky to separate out, but it is far riskier to remain bonded to these others who are using politics to rule us like the tightly-controlled German population (or like the Greeks).

(The French smugly think they will always be at the high table..... that will also change when their time comes.)

As for selling our stuff into Eu, it will not be any different. Just need to add one of them gift-labels on the back of the packet for customs people (should do that already/anyway, maybe).
  • Mr_Costcutter
    Options
    Like many people, I will be glad when this matter is finalised. I've found the TV debates quite interesting, but do feel that there has been considerable bias towards the 'remain' camp. Or maybe that's just how I've perceived the situation lol
  • Samsonite1
    Samsonite1 Posts: 572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Obviously there are people who are happy right now and why would they risk a change? But, there will be people on the breadline who fancy a flutter and a change means potentially better things - but they have nothing to lose. The question is - what proportion of the voters would like life to continue as is and what proportion will gamble for a change in fortune?

My (probably stupid) assumption is that infrastructure is set up to operate in the EU currently, so leaving the EU would involve a lot of outlay to alter the existing infrastructure - that is a big hit financially and time-wise (government departments will be spending their time working out and working on what is involved in getting everything running as a non-EU member - i.e. the changes).

Ultimately nobody knows what will be best as nobody can predict the future - all I hope is that whichever way the British public vote - it works out better or the same as what we have now and not worse, but that would be the risk of change.
    To err is human, but it is against company policy.
  • wrightk
    wrightk Posts: 975 Forumite
    Options
    was undecided until recently, sent my postal vote off and im out. what swung it for me was the constant scaremongering every day in mainstream media, 'noone will trade with us, we will be shut out', 'you will lose your pensions','world war 3', 'terrorism will increase'

Cheers dave
    Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    Samsonite1 wrote: »
    Obviously there are people who are happy right now and why would they risk a change? But, there will be people on the breadline who fancy a flutter and a change means potentially better things - but they have nothing to lose. The question is - what proportion of the voters would like life to continue as is and what proportion will gamble for a change in fortune?

My (probably stupid) assumption is that infrastructure is set up to operate in the EU currently, so leaving the EU would involve a lot of outlay to alter the existing infrastructure - that is a big hit financially and time-wise (government departments will be spending their time working out and working on what is involved in getting everything running as a non-EU member - i.e. the changes).

Ultimately nobody knows what will be best as nobody can predict the future - all I hope is that whichever way the British public vote - it works out better or the same as what we have now and not worse, but that would be the risk of change.

It seems all the politicians can!
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    wrightk wrote: »
    was undecided until recently, sent my postal vote off and im out. what swung it for me was the constant scaremongering every day in mainstream media, 'noone will trade with us, we will be shut out', 'you will lose your pensions','world war 3', 'terrorism will increase'

Cheers dave

I think you missed 'The Rapture' off your list. :D
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wrightk wrote: »

The disgusting way the Kinnock family amassed their wealth helped to swing it for...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3636143/Greediest-snouts-EU-trough-Not-sure-vote-Read-stinking-wealth-hypocrisy-Brussels-fat-cats-Kinnocks-help-decide.html

It's got to stop.:mad:
  • wrightk
    wrightk Posts: 975 Forumite
    Options
    new one today from donald tusk 'brexit could be the beginning of the destruction of not only the EU but also of western civilization'!!
    Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure