Anyone had a home visit optician

Options
My mam is bed bound and she is needing new glasses, been ages since her last eye test. It would take a lot of organising for her carers to get her ready and hoisted into her wheelchair and me to get her back home again to time in with carers next visit. So I was wondering how good an idea it was to get a home visiting optician from specsavers. Will the test be as thorough as in the shop and use the best equipment when she's in her own home and prob choice of frames will be limited.
Anyone had a home visit

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I imagine it will be not up to the standard of a regular test (sight and perhaps an internal inspection with a light) as they would be unable to provide the heavy equipment used to do the other tests.(However, my vet did use a hand held gadget to test one of my dogs for glaucoma.)
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    It's not unusual to have a sight test at home. My relative had one annually when in a care home as well as dental checks
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Specsavers do them - if you google specsavers home visit, you'll find all the info you need.

I haven't had one myself but know a few who have had them, and never had an issue.
  • cherydee
    cherydee Posts: 752 Forumite
    Options
    DomRavioli wrote: »
    Specsavers do them - if you google specsavers home visit, you'll find all the info you need.

I haven't had one myself but know a few who have had them, and never had an issue.

Yes, that's whose leaflet I have. Still keep thinking their heavier expensive equipment they use will be in their shop
  • Finefoot
    Finefoot Posts: 644 Forumite
    Options
    I can confirm they can be done through spec savers, and that they have all the kit necessary.
    Loving the sunny days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport