PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Broken Slow Cooker

Options
Hi follks!

Having been trying some old style ways over the last 6 months thanks to your fabulous threads and one of the first things I did was my Russel Hobbs slow cooker!

I've used it constantly without fail and has never had time to gather dust or be put away in the underneath cupboard!

Problem is, hubby washed up a couple of days ago - nothing unusual in that, but the ceramic pot smashed into itsy witsy tiny pieces by slipping off the side.

HELP!

Should I buy a new one or try to get a replacement pot?

Any advice appreciated & Thanks... for everything
DS 17 years :)DD 16 years DS 5 years
Busy working mum spinning plates!
With an Itch to Glitch :D
Proud to be part of MSE life!:money:
Grocery Challenge
/£300 :j

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Contact the company and see if you can replace the pot and how much they will charge as it might be cheaper to buy a new one.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • arkonite_babe
    Options
    Here's the link to the Russell Hobbs site to see if you can get any information there.
    http://www.russell-hobbs.com/

Failing that, I'd keep an eye in car boots and charity shops!

HTH
  • barksavingmad
    Options
    Car boots are few and far between in our area I'm afraid but will definately check my local freeads just in case. It's just a shame as it's a brand new Slow Cooker with I hoped many years life in it!

I'll email RH's to see if they can help.

Thanks you've made me feel much more positive and less cross with hubby!
    Grocery Challenge

• Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Options
    In my experience, it's always worth writing a letter to cusomer services saying how good their product is, how distressed you are etc. etc. Some will respond by sending a proforma invoice or refer you to a stockist but some will send you a replacement part out of goodwill.
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    You have my complete sympathy.

I feel for your loss.
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all

And apologies to barksavingmad, as I am going to waffle on about my own slow cooker pot troubles...

I have one of those little Argos Cookworks slow cookers, and have been using it regularly this past six months. However the white inside pot seems to have developed a series of hairline cracks and juice/gunge seeps out into the main chamber. It's only a little bit, so on the outside there are lines of little gooey beads along the hairline cracks. I've had the thing about six months, is it worth my contacting the manufactuer, considering it cost less than a tenner in the first place? Has anybody else had this problem? Is it worth my chasing for a new inner pot or should I just buy a new one (which I don't want to do if the problem is likely to recur!)?

Thanks all

SnowyOwl
  • Magentasue
    Magentasue Posts: 4,229 Forumite
    Options
    SnowyOwl wrote:
    Hi all

I've had the thing about six months, is it worth my contacting the manufactuer, considering it cost less than a tenner in the first place? Has anybody else had this problem? Is it worth my chasing for a new inner pot or should I just buy a new one (which I don't want to do if the problem is likely to recur!)?

Thanks all

SnowyOwl

Has to be worth asking! Argos might be worth a try as it's under guarantee. I've had problems with products under guarantee and ALWAYS taken them back or written a nice letter. When it's been under guarantee I've found shops very helpful. Once you get to talk to the right person!

The OP's slow cooker was accidentally damaged - I would hope for a freebie but expect to pay for a new bowl. If yours is normal wear and tear and cracks are showing I would expect something to be done to put it right. Just because something is cheap, doesn't mean it should only last a few months - should still be serviceable.
  • barksavingmad
    Options
    Hope you get your pot sorted Snowyowl - I have to recommend what these guys have suggested to me because since emailing a polite "woe is me, I've lost me pot" email last night, it's been forwarded to the appropriate department already and I'm waiting for a response.

To all those MSers suffering the loss of their pots - I hope you manage to sort your problems soonest so we can carry on money saving once more.

Maybe we should have a national 'slow cooker day' - what do you think?!!:0)
    Grocery Challenge

• barksavingmad
    Options
    YAH - sorted for just over £13 P&P included - thanks all of you folks!
    Grocery Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income