PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Say bye to clutter, say hello to extra cash

Options
Hello all,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this. I over the years have collected what must be hundreds of DVDs and CDs. I have recently downsized my living situation and in the age of streaming I have decided to sell my collection apart from some sentimental TV box sets.

I have used Music Magpie in the past, but they always give such a low figure. Does anyone know of a way to sell DVDs and at least make a little bit of money back. I don't really have any way of going to a car boot sale.

Any help/advice is very much appreciated!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sadly I think it is, what it is, there is very little cash to be made, unless you decide to list with ebay or somewhere.Look on it as anything is better than the clutter, and if you don't need it, then its either a miniscule amount or nothing at all, and then CS or tip unfortunately.I have just taken two large black bags of clothes the local recycling place and got £4.25 for them, but our local charity shops aren't that interested and it was better than sticking them in landfill at the tip .The cash will go into my tin that I keep for my DGC ice creams on our summer holidays.I also stick odd 5ps and coppers in there and 'road kill' coins I find in the street.Every little helps as they say
  • Benners123
    Benners123 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks JackieO, I am resigned to just using Music magpie. At least they pick them up for you.

I have never heard of roadkill coins before! I have money banks in 4 rooms in my house, just in case...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just what my grandsons call any coins found in the street.One of the boys Henry has eyes like a hawk:) and can spot a coin like a magpie bless him.They know Granny has a tin money box for the holiday ice creams and he always hands it over with a big smile.Last year we had more than enough for the treats and enough left over which helped pay for our last nights meal out, which we always have as we budget to use as much of our holiday food up as we can to save carrying it home :) DD has four boys so an evening eating out in a pub restaurant is a treat for them :):):)
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 July 2016 at 9:19PM
    Options
    Try Zapper they pay more,we sit in the evening and see what magpie,we buy books,zapper pay,we have three piles of stuff and then send it to who pays the most.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure