All I can think of to say is HELP

Options
I was made BR nearly 6 years ago and have been slowly climbing out of the affect of that time and have been getting by OK. I never have money but I dont have debt either, its a money in = money out situation. I have been working hard to improve my income and recently moved jobs for a higher paid job. This month I have just been told the company may be facing going into liquidation and I have not been paid all of my wages and none of my expenses (which mount up to over £200). The company says they will pay me when they can and have asked me to keep working to try and keep the company going long enough for debtors to pay them. What can I do? Already two of my bills arent paid and I feel terrified of sliding back into debt. I am incurring bank charges and BT charges for non payment of the DD. Should I stay at the company or should I declare myself jobless? I am in a state of panic I confess. What can I do?
    To those who are given much, much is expected

Comments

• tigerfeet2006
      tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
      Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
      Options
      Hi,

I'm very sorry for you predicament and I hope you get it sorted.

I think perhaps you would be better off posting on somewhere like the Employment board.
      http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141
      BSCno.87
      The only stupid question is an unasked one
      Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
    • TheGardener
      TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
      Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
      Options
      Only one course of action - stop panicking and make yourself a plan - look after yourself! The company is not your concern. Sign on to job seekers and get looking for another job. Talk to your creditors and explain the situation and start cutting back to critical spending only paying priority bills like food and rent.

If you want to keep a finger on the pulse at your current job in the hope you get paid then tell them you will come into the office but that you expect be able to use work computers/telephones and photocopiers and their time to look for another job and be given any amount of time off to attend interviews etc.

I'd also get an agreement in writing that you will receive a bonus (that covers any OD or LP charges incurred) if you stay and the company pulls through.
    This discussion has been closed.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 173.1K Life & Family
    • 248K Travel & Transport
    • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure