PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Tuesday 4th August OS Daily

Options
redruby
redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
edited 4 August 2015 at 7:04AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine

Morning all,

Nice day in the making again off to work for me at the quieter site today, quite glad really as I could do with the rest :rotfl:

Dinner tonight will be some chicken kebabs with egg fried rice and some salad bits on the side which should be nice.

We have to pop out tonight and collect the chest of drawers we won tonight its only a few miles away so wont take too long.

DD off again today so she can be in charge of dinner and will have a tidy round downstairs.

Right better get on have good days all xx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread off today REDRUBY.

Good Morning everyone, it's nice here today and looks to be a good drying day out there so having woken at 5 I stripped the bed and the linen is in the washing machine as we speak! He Who Knows is coming back from DD this morning so we'll try for a nice walk this afternoon, along the river path I think as we get a nice breeze there even on warm days which makes walking much more pleasant. We'll pop to the allotment too and pick raspberries, they're beginning to crop well and I want as many in the freezer as I can get, they're the one fruit that seems to defrost without changes to their flavour and lovely to have on cold days for a 'cheer me up'. I make a crumble with cocoa powder and ground almonds in to go on top of them, luxurious stuff!

Have yourselves a nice day everyone, Lyn xxx.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Thanks for the thread RR.

I woke up feeling really hot yet it's grey and wet outside still. Sun is forecast for Thursday. :j

After defrosting the freezer yesterday I have some meat I want to cook up into meals and then referee. There's too much raw meat and not enough easily usable so will tackle that.

I'm heading up to Oban early today, just a final few bits and pieces to get for the suitcase which I couldn't get locally.

Porridge for breakfast and I have cold lamb to make into a hot meal.

I hope everyone has a good day. Enjoy Copenhagen Camelot.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Bright & sunny here at the moment, it wasn't cold yesterday but it was grey and overcast all day.
    My car boot is now working, it was a broken wire so my mechanic soldered it & replaced a brake lamp for me, £20 so not too painful.
    Today I'm dragging both the sofa's out to vacuum behind & under, that will probably exhaust me so I'll crochet for the rest of the day. I finished one blanket yesterday in a pale primrose yellow, I've now started on a variegated blue one.
    I collected a new cool box from Argoose yesterday & I bought 2 new fly swat's from Clas Ohlson, by then I'd had enough of shopping so I came home!
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning one and all. Nice start here but I don't think it's forecast to last.

I feel really down just now with Mr TA's illness and possible treatment to worry about. I can't shake off the black cloud I am under but I'm trying my best to carry on as normal until we see the Consultant on the 14th.

We went to look at new gas fires yesterday as this one really does need replacing. I couldn't get over how much the prices have shot up. Anyway, needs must, so we have bit the bullet and ordered one.

I got a text from DD at the caravan yesterday with a nice bit of news. She'd had an e-mail giving her the result of middle DGD's (6) tap exam which she did in June. She'd got a distinction and the highest mark possible! That's on top of the news of the ballet audition she passed for the show at Bradford Alhambra in November. Her teacher says she is a natural but we don't know who she gets it from as the rest of us are right clodhoppers!

Have a good day all, ((((HUGS))))) if you need one. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Wet and windy, just the weather to start your holiday! Thanks Gers, have fun refereeing your meat!

Well done to TAs DGD.

Leaving in about 15 mins but I have very good news - The plastering is finished! Just waiting for it all to dry before the painter can come in and do his stuff. I feel that I have turned a corner now.

Hope you are all well, see you when I get back. Take care. XX
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) if you need one.

Bright morning again, OH has an appointment at the dentist for a fitting of his plate. We will park the car at Lidl, I will walk down into the market, need some calebrese, will nip in to see DD2. Then into Lidle for some fresh milk.

No other plans for the day, may just sit and read in the garden if the wind is not too strong.
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    TA Hugs for you we are all here for you great news re DGD
    Camelot yayy :j nearly there glad you feel you have turned the corner
    Well lots of things to do today DS came home late last night with his arm in a back slab so need to sort out an appointment at fracture clinic locally as Grantham is a bit too far then i need to cancel his driving lesson and test then need to unpack his bags and start his washing:eek:
    Dinner tonight is sausage n mash
    Have a great day looks like the sun is going to shine
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

We have had a few spots of rain here this morning but I think it will cheer up in a bit. I have deliveries coming out of the wazoo today so I will stay downstairs to keep an ear out for the doorbell.

My friend came over yesterday but oh my goodness, I think she had saved up every moan and groan for the past few weeks and dumped them on me :eek:. Normally she's a pretty chirpy person so I am a bit worried about her, maybe her meds need tweaking a bit but most likely she needs a lot of hugs and some attention from her family. She's off to Spain for a couple of weeks now so hopefully the sunshine will cheer her up a bit.

All I managed to do after that onslaught was cook tea which turned out very nice. I am not sure what to make for today, I think possibly a sausage casserole and we have loads of potatoes to be used up as well.

The house needs a tidy up so I will get the girls working on that today when they eventually get up. I have to sort out our bedroom as it's getting a bit messy and needs hoovering. I think I will change the sheets too so it's all lovely and fresh for tonight. There is nothing better than freshly laundered sheets on your bed, I have to make sure I am in bed first to get the most benefit from them :D.

Well, that's all from me for today, hope you are all going to have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    TA that is wonderful news about DGD, a little bit of light for you at such a worrying time x

Got woken by DH and DS at 6am, they made so much noise this morning, usually they don't wake me up when they go out.

Then FIL phoned at 9am to see if DH was home, when he knows full well that he works all day in holiday time.

Followed by DD's BF's Dad ringing the bell at 9.30am and he was still in bed.............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

I am off to visit a friend this afternoon so I am looking forward to a bit of jaw exercise IYKWIM:rotfl::rotfl:

BFN x
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I feel really down just now with Mr TA's illness and possible treatment to worry about. I can't shake off the black cloud I am under but I'm trying my best to carry on as normal until we see the Consultant on the 14th.
    Aww sweetie, I do so feel for you; Mr LW has to visit the horse-piddle on Aug 12th - follow up from when he was in last Sept; he should've been called back ages ago but "slipped through the cracks". Anyways, hard though it is, try not to obsess about it, the appointment will come around in due time, and hopefully there will be more info afterwards. I know 10 days can seem like an age when you're concerned about your beloved. Have a (((HUG))) to be going on with.

I actually managed to get a rare-as-hens'-teeth appointment with my GP of choice - on 3rd September. I'm still in shock!!
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure