Advice needed - FTB

Options
Hi

I have a CCJ (satisfied) which came onto my credit history on sept 2000, next september it will be six years and as far as I'm aware will dissapear of my credit history.

Whilst waiting I've been saving and by next sept will have £30+k saved for my first house.

My question is come sept can I really get this CCJ taken off straight away? Leaving me to apply for a mortgage with good credit from october? can it be a smooth process? I'd hoped if I could find somewhere I love that I could move in before next xmas.

I'm aware that I can get a mortgage currently but I do not want adverse credit mortgage and after waiting 5 years already am happy to wait for CCJ to drop off.

Any advice if you've been in a similar situation would be great.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done on turning things around to the extent you have.

As far as I know the CCJ will remain but when the 6 years have elapsed it will have an endorsement beside it saying 'satisfied' to indicate it is no longer in force.
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,885 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Get your credit records from equifax and experian. It is possible it has already gone. Removal should be automatic 6 years after the date of issue. Sometimes if a file is updated they start counting the 6 years from the new date but this is for significant changes only and you can usually get it removed on request.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,885 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on turning things around to the extent you have.

As far as I know the CCJ will remain but when the 6 years have elapsed it will have an endorsement beside it saying 'satisfied' to indicate it is no longer in force.

Sorry but this is totally wrong.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing