PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 12 June 2017

Options

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Having a lazy day after a hectic weekend with all the family over.
    Will brave hanging out the washing as it looks dull and gloomy so hoping it does not rain.

Hester

Take care of yourself and have plenty of hot drinks for your throat.

I gave dds some home made meals in lidded containers to take back home and still have lasagne for myself in the fridge for later.

TA

Enjoy yourself at the caravan.

nelski

I really don't think the meals will be binned. It is so thoughtful and I am sure they will be appreciated even if nothing is said.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just had an unexpected delivery (and me in dressing gown) :eek:

A case of Italian wine for when family come over and a free selection of delicacies and also half a dozen white porcelain dinner plates and side plates. Unpacking it now and dishes are in the dishwasher and managed to hang out the washing. I now have enough white plates for more than six of us at a time. Very pleased as I like to use the white plates for special occasions. :j

Youngest had a job interview this morning but have not heard anything from her yet so fingers crossed.

Hugs to all
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone, thanks to nmlc for starting the thread and hugs to anyone that needs one.
    Another grey and miserable day here, however as I'm still not up for doing anything too much another "duvet-type" day won't go amiss though if it brightens up later I'll try and get some more salad stuff sown. :) I'm just making broccoli soup for lunch to use various bits up which I'll have with a poached duck egg in it. :)
    Hope everyone has a good day x
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone
    The weather today is not too bad, we have sunny spells and it's quite warm.
    As the WM is acting up again and needs DH to do more work on it :( ( it's a bit like "Triggers Broom" from Only Fools and Horses :D and is nearly 12 years old ) we decided "enough is enough". So have been out this morning, bit the bullet and bought a new one. But what a mine field of specs, ecobubble ?, add wash ? 7,8,9 kg load ? super eco wash ? etc and all I wanted was one that just washed and spun clothes :rotfl:
    This afternoon shall be spent cutting up the rest of the lamb from yesterday and making a casserole and some rissoles with it.
    Elona hope youngest DD gets the job, my fingers are crossed.
    Hester get better soon
    Judi never heard of the soap for arthritis, thanks I must remember that, well you're never to old to learn I suppose !
    Hugs to all and enjoy the rest of the day.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am watering a neighbours garden while she is away and when I was doing this yesterday evening, the nozzle on the hose pipe came flying off and I’m suddenly soaked from head to toe. I would have been dryer if I had of gone for a swim in the sea fully clothed. Just to top it off the two teenage boys next door saw the whole thing happen and couldn’t contain their fits of laughter, so I decided the best thing was just to laugh with them.
    Holly good job youve got a good sense of humour.
    Off to take mother to physio as she has bursitis in her hip bit of a waste of time as she will not do the exercises and she just argues with the physio so for this reason i will sit in the car outside and i hope the physio asks her how she is getting on with the exercises for her back and that she is suitably embarrassed.
    TM2 Mom was much the same. In the home where she was they had weekly exercise sessions. Most of the oldies were chair ridden so it was mainly upper half workouts like throwing and catching ball/lifting it over their heads etc but do you think my Mom would join in?! I tried to explain to her how important it was to keep her upper body strength even though her lower half didnt work but would she have it? To her it was childish and below her.
    I washed my bedding which is a think white cotton and I cannot for the life of me get the creases out!! I was ironing it for an hour!!! I've resigned myself to a semi creased bed for the time being and I'll give it to the professionals next time.
    speky I love crisp white bed linen. I know what you mean about the ironing though i bought a seersucker duvet cover... Its not meant to be ironed. I miss that duvet cover. Hubby put his foot through it on one of his 'walkabouts' in his sleep.:rotfl::( Debenhams still sell that duvet cover but its gone up in price.
    pmBXtS.jpg Hubby looked horrified when he saw the price when i asked if we could replace it.
    Looking forward to my Book Club evening which is being hosted by one of the other girls and I believe she is cooking us Tapas which I love. It will of course be accompanied by copious amounts of Prosecco
    Nelski when its got to be done, its got to be done! Love prosecco i do. Its almost worth having the hangover afterwards.

Hester I hope your feeling better tomorrow.
    Judi never heard of the soap for arthritis, thanks I must remember that, well you're never to old to learn
    Nannywindow I was on Amazon looking at soap when i came across leg soap. I did a google search as i was intrigued. Theres only one problem, it tends to fall out of the end of the bed but thats why i put 2 in. Just in case. If i'm honest, i'm ready for single beds but hubby is having none of it.

Oh well, jobs done. Tea cooked. :)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    Karcher thats no sleep at all hope you can manage a nap or an early night...are you over thinking things?

Yep overthinking, worrying, stressed and rather down :o all responsible for my insomnia :(

I think it's great you are cooking meals for your mum and I am sure she won't bin them.

Hope you have a great Book Club and enjoy the Tapas (yum) :)

Well somehow I survived the day though it was a long and hard one. Home now with a cup of tea and a Bounty Bar...I need it :cool:

Wish I could have a nap but I've never been very good at sleeping in the day...and clearly not at night either :eek: :rotfl:
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    elona wrote: »
    nelski

I really don't think the meals will be binned. It is so thoughtful and I am sure they will be appreciated even if nothing is said.

Hugs to all.

no you're right elona I don't really think she will either that was a mean morning thought :o It is based on worry about her weight loss though i jus wonder if when she is on her own if she is eating.
    karcher wrote: »
    Yep overthinking, worrying, stressed and rather down :o all responsible for my insomnia :(

I think it's great you are cooking meals for your mum and I am sure she won't bin them.

Hope you have a great Book Club and enjoy the Tapas (yum) :)

Well somehow I survived the day though it was a long and hard one. Home now with a cup of tea and a Bounty Bar...I need it :cool:

Wish I could have a nap but I've never been very good at sleeping in the day...and clearly not at night either :eek: :rotfl:

aw hun tough time for you now I know. All you can do is survive really so eating and getting as much sleep as you can on the menu :D Have you heard of mindfulness? It can help get rid of those thoughts that are keeping you awake

Other option would be the doctor I guess you might just need some help for a few days that could start a new sleep habit

Enjoy your bounty I love them :)
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    i still feel like ive got a hangover from having two halves of lager and blackcurrant on Saturday

Lager? And blackcurrant? Together? In the one drink? Surely not.... :eek: I've heard of cider and blackcurrent but lager?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sounds revolting doesn't it Speky :):):)

Nelski after I sadly lost my OH almost 14 years ago I too lost interest in food and cooking and lived on jacket spuds and toast !!! this is a person who loves to cook as well.

My youngest DD insisted that I go to their house on Sunday for dinner and no excuses :):):) as the result I haven't cooked a Sunday dinner is almost 14 years :) and often come home on Sunday evening with leftovers for Monday nights dinner :):)

I did get back to cooking again, but it was not even so much the cooking, it was the thought of buying for just myself that used to get me upset,but after a good talking to myself I decided that I would make the effort, after all my OH would have been horrified to see me not in the kitchen .:)

So I made a point of setting the table and making something different every night,no matter what.

There were times I felt like binning it ,or just not bothering but slowly I regained my appetite and enthusiasm for cooking once more. I think when you have been cooking for someone for almost two thirds of your life it does take a bit of getting used to just buying for one.

But I now do my menu's every Sunday morning and know that I have to eat properly to keep healthy. As one ages often you lose your appetite anyway .It is still very early days yet and if she is eating some sort of protien even if only cheese on toast or beans she is getting something. In a few weeks why not ask her to cook you something perhaps that she cooked that you liked when you were small. My dd used to get me to make small individual shepherd's pies for her children which she would freeze.The kids loved nany pies as I would decorate the top of the mash with their initials and DD said You hide the veg so well Mum they are eating it without realising her boys were a lot younger then 2,4.7, & 10 and a baby in arms. DD had my youngest dgs the year after we lost her Dad and I was useful in so many ways for her as she had four other children .so being kept busy all the time helped no end .Now the lads are all taller than me and I still look after them after school and during the holidays ,and they still like it when I make their 'nanny pies' :):):)

Hope things improve for you and your Mum ,baby steps remember
    JackieO xxx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lager? And blackcurrant? Together? In the one drink? Surely not.... :eek: I've heard of cider and blackcurrent but lager?
    Well surely its no different to lager and lime? Surely youve heard of that? Not keen on lager and lime though. I prefer the blackcurrant.

Yes its a real drink and yes its nice as long as theres enough blackcurrant in.... not as nice as prosecco or vodka though.:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure