NEST cheapest pension on market?

Options
For a pot of £70000, they are charging 0.3% total. Most sipps charge around this just for the admin.

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 September 2017 at 10:19PM
    Options
    Yes if you are transferring in an old scheme then they do not charge their initial 1.8% for a new contribution so it is very good value.

However for most people making regular contributions to NEST they are paying the initial 1.8% which if spread across the years brings the rate up to around 0.4% or more if they later consolidate into another scheme.

Because of the initial charge NEST is not as cheap as my Fidelity company pension which has no initial charge and only 0.32% for a Blackrock global tracker, 0.25% for cash and 0.20% for gilts. I work for a large company who do all the payroll contribution admin and negotiate on scale. I am currently 75% equities and 25% cash so the total fee is around 0.3%.

Also those with large pensions and no further contributions, say 240k, can pay a fixed £180 a year with Halifax SD (0.075%) plus get a VLS fund (at 0.22%) so pay 0.295% total. At £480k it would be 0.2575% total. My £120k VLS80 SIPP is 0.37% and getting cheaper every day it grows.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Susy909 wrote: »
    For a pot of £70000, they are charging 0.3% total. Most sipps charge around this just for the admin.

Most people use SIPPs to use more advanced investment options. NEST is about as basic as you can get.

Don't forget the 1.8% initial charge.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure