Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning. I have just written all of my cards & putting mt tree up later ;) Starting to feel like Christmas.
    Hope you are all well and staying warm.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Rant alert!

Our local Lidl is trying to get planning permission to knock down the current store and build it closer to the main road twice the size. It would be a glass monstrosity, totally out of place. On top of that they are saying it will not increase the traffic significantly. Most of the locals have put in an objection (including ourselves, we have put in 3 at various stages). Our main objection is the access road, the amount of times we have seen near misses is ridiculous, the access road opens onto a through road but right on top of a junction. Unfortunately they have set the traffic lights so that people coming out of the access road can see them, so they see the green light and put their foot down. Only yesterday I saw someone shoot out of Lidl straight onto the main road and nearly causing a collision with someone that had exited the opposite side of the crossroad to turn right, it is a large crossroad and the car from the crossroad started out first, but the car coming from Lidl had the cheek to beep that car!!

Currently there are 97 comments on this stage of the application, 79 are objections and there is meant to be one in support, but be blowed if I can find it. What's the bets that they mange to shove it through anyway and wreck the village? And it is still just a village, but also a battleground between Lidl and Aldi (opposite sides of the crossroads). Aldi have just built an extension so Lidl want to be bigger too.

If local feeling is anything to go by then they should not be allowed this, but I cam convinced they will be, money talks :(
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    MKS wrote: »
    :wave: as am quite near you.

Outskirts Birmingham now ;)

I've forgotten to look at my train times for wed but I will be coming from Surrey not Poole x
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    Check out the joining date :cool:

It's a change of username. You won't find any posts by QoC anymore. But you can still see quoted posts. If you follow them back they now show as originally posted by DD

Yeah, I know mate...just a bit of fun on a Friday night! ;)

I know you changed yours 2-3 years ago as it could identify you but QOC to DD seems a strange one! :eek:
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 19 November 2016 at 11:11AM
    Options
    locarr wrote: »

I know you changed yours 2-3 years ago as it could identify you but QOC to DD seems a strange one! :eek:

I'm not sure on the details but I think Dizzy Ditzy said that she couldn't log in as QOC so she had to deal with the moderators who transfered her over to Dizzy D.......or something along those lines
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LANGO1966 wrote: »
    No cash back yet but confirmation emails

Thank you.
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Options
    Check your emails for a new Orchard campaign for xmas

£5/£6 off xmas desserts/party food/cheeses
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    Options
    locarr wrote: »

Only to my employer. :eek:

I used a staff id in the early days :o :doh:
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    edited 19 November 2016 at 12:04PM
    Options
    Anon, can you get over the TCO bring reduced to 157g if they only cost you 50p?

Asda Terrys chocolate orange 50p max purchase 6 instore
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/asda-terrys-chocolate-orange-50p-max-purchase-6-instore-2550025

Eta. £1 in my store (got them price checked)
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    Check your emails for a new Orchard campaign for xmas

£5/£6 off xmas desserts/party food/cheeses

Nothing here :(

I'm hoping they're sending the emails out in batches, they've done that before, but I suspect it's wishful thinking as I logged into my Orchard account and there's nothing there either, even though that tactic has worked for me previously. Looks like I'll be shopping at Lidl and the local cheese monger this year then! I even had a Shopper Thoughts questionnaire the other day about why I'd been spending so much less in T lately. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure