And Then There Were None...

Options
Hello

I'm a regular MSE'er but decided to register under a new name to discuss my query/curiousity.

In brief: Nightmare case commenced 2001. Used loophole to transfer over onto CS2. Last assessment on CS2 was in 2007. I decided to leave it as was glad to get something and the nightmare continued until everything began to run smoothly from 2012. No arrears:all good.

Until...O Joy...last September I received the letter notifying me that the case was going to be transferred over onto CMS ( I've already discovered they are still incompetent! ) at the end of this month. My heart sank as I thought the case would continue until the child benefit stopped. Anyway...

It came as a surprise that the NRP submitted a COC at the end of January. I have received no money since. The NRP has lots of children with his 2nd wife!

Since January there has been two new assessments. The first one is for 4 weeks at £10 per week. The second is around the same amount as assessed in 2007.

But there is no mention of his children from the second family. How can this be? All the CSA can tell me is that the information used is just from his salary and none of the children ( the assessment should include up to 3 children ) have been taken into consideration.

Has this been planned ready for when the case is transferred over in March?

I don't get it. Where are the children? No harm has come to them, so have they separated and she is not claiming support?

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Luckily my case came to an end before CMS, however my friend had recieved a letter , as I remember the PWC had to start a new case if they wished, it wasn't an automatic transfer.
  • Milonga
    Options
    Hi DUTR

Thanks for your reply. I'm not so lucky as you. Why they couldn't have just run the old cases till the CB ended I'll never know. He was on a DEO so now we must start with a clean slate again. I envisage no money for the next few months.

Any ideas what he is up to re: the new assessments on CS2? It all seemed quite pointless with 2 months to run.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure