Nike+, Ipods & Gym equipment - syncing problems

Options
Not sure whether this would be in the tech forum or here. I think it's suited to both.

Basically i can't run for medical reasons. What i do is just use the cardio equipment at the gym which have iPod docks. The bikes, the cross trainers, treadmills. TechnoGym equipment.

Then i just connect my iPod to my PC & it uploads the workout to Nike+. I do this at the end of every month.

This last month it wouldn't work & then i get an error message saying Nike+ wont accept gym recordings. I notice the Nike+ tab has disappeared in the new iTunes version too when you connect your iPod.

Is there an error my end or have they totally stopped support? Is there any way to upload it?

Hope all is not lost as there'll be no other way to record my workouts if so other than pen & paper. :(

Comments

• Mr_Singleton
    Options
    Yes, sorry to say that Nike and Apple have dropped support for sync'ing both step and gym data.

Full Statement

"Thank you for being a Nike+ member and for reaching out to us about your Nike+ Active data not uploading to your Nike+ account. I understand your question regarding uploading your walks and pedometer data to Nike+. Allow me to explain why you can only see your pedometer data on the device that you recorded it on, and I'll also give you more information about some other Nike+ experiences, apps and devices you might be interested in exploring.

Nikeplusactive.com, which is where the Nike+ iPod app's pedometer workouts were syncing to before the update, was retired as part of a redesign of the overall Nike+ experience. As part of this redesign, some features were changed, and some were removed to make way for better ones. The pedometer data generated on your iPod Touch or on your iPod Nano exists on the device only, and cannot be uploaded to Nikeplus.com or other web sites. We will only see your pedometer data on the device that it was recorded on.

If you're using an iPod Nano generation 6 or 7 you can track distance using the built-in accelerometer and can upload that data to Nikeplus.com. To access the accelerometer option, tap the Fitness icon on your device's home screen and follow the prompts to set up your workout. There's more information about how to setup the Nike+ iPod app on our FAQ page here: http://support-en-us.nikeplus.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20971/p/3169,3171

iPod Nano generation 5 can track distance using the Nike + iPod Sport Kit (sold separately) and can upload that data to Nikeplus.com as well.

You can also use the Nike+ Running app on any compatible smart phone or iPod touch to track your GPS, distance, pace, and more. You can check out the Nike+ Running app on our website here: https://secure-nikeplus.nike.com/plus/products/gps_app/

If you are primarily interested in uploading step data to Nikeplus.com may want to check out the Nike+ FuelBand SE, which captures an estimated step count among other key metrics. That data can be uploaded to Nikeplus.com to be viewed on your computer or smart phone.

It is important to us at Nike that we are able to deliver an extremely satisfying experience for you, Henry. If you would like, I can capture your feedback and forward it to our management and development team.

Feedback is very important to us, and I can assure you every feedback item is seen and when we see a lot of similar feedback in one area it has an impact. Thanks for taking the time to tell us how you feel about this experience. If you have any feedback, suggestions or questions you'd like to give me; please don't hesitate to reply to this email. I can always forward information to my leadership teams. Nike greatly appreciates all constructive criticism and feedback from our consumers. It is in our nature to innovate."
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Ah i take it you were in the same boat as me then & emailed Nike+?

Thanks for the response.

That is quite crap though. We can't all run outside. Sure i can walk but i pay a gym membership for other things as well so if it was walking i wanted to do then i would just use the treadmill on an incline while i was there.

I use it more for the crosstrainer & i'm not a keen biker.

These GPS things are all great, but when you're on a static machine in a building, they're not very good.

Is there anything out there as a suitable replacement or am i just simply out of luck?
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    No, I don't use Nike+ but I know somebody that does.

I suspect what's happened here is politics..... Nike+ would compete with the iWatch and as we all know Apple hates competition so has bullied Nike in to dropping Nike+ for some preferential iPhone/Watch crumbs.

Anyway I digress.... what sort of crosstrainning activities are you doing?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure