EEK - I've done it! *updated post OR interview 05.10.2016*

Options
124»

Comments

• Piggywinkle
    Options
    If she even tries to give you a BRU then don't except it. YOU DID NOTHING WRONG.

If she even dares then there are people here who will help you fight it. To be honest it won't affect you much if you do get one. You'll just have to declare the BR if you want credit over £500 for the duration. It's the damn principle of it.

I need you in my corner Tiger, it sounds like you'd wipe the floor with them :rotfl:
  • alltaken
    alltaken Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    Over zealous OR piggywinkle, fear not, tigerfeet and DD have seen them before and they all have a similar theme - nothing happens.

Mine tried telling me that a high court writ was not included, turned out to be absolute, ahem, !!!!!. Some OR's seem to sense upset and go for maximum fear.
  • Piggywinkle
    Options
    alltaken wrote: »
    Over zealous OR piggywinkle, fear not, tigerfeet and DD have seen them before and they all have a similar theme - nothing happens.

Mine tried telling me that a high court writ was not included, turned out to be absolute, ahem, !!!!!. Some OR's seem to sense upset and go for maximum fear.

They didn't have to try very hard to sense my upset. I'm a big baby!
  • doorstep54
    Options
    I know just how you feeling piggwinkle I feeling same so stressed out can't sleep or even eat lost so much weight with all the worrying, feel like the OR owns me don't feel like am my own person any more
  • Piggywinkle
    Options
    doorstep54 wrote: »
    I know just how you feeling piggwinkle I feeling same so stressed out can't sleep or even eat lost so much weight with all the worrying, feel like the OR owns me don't feel like am my own person any more

It's a crappy old time alright! The advice and support I've got from these boards has been flippin' brilliant. If you need some kind and knowledgeable words on your situation, then posting a thread may help x
  • worriedmamma
    Options
    How are you feeling now Piggywinkle? Any better? I hope you are slightly more relaxed....
  • Piggywinkle
    Options
    How are you feeling now Piggywinkle? Any better? I hope you are slightly more relaxed....

Thanks for thinking of me :)

I'd like to say yes, but the combination of my meds kicking in (the first month is the worst :( ) and having a poorly 5 year old force me to say otherwise! As for BR, I don't think I'll be able to relax until I give them a call next week to see if everything I sent was in order and ok (reading between the lines, am I getting a BRO?!) I'm giving them a fortnight from my phone interview so I can *hopefully* start to relax then.

I'm just naturally tightly wound unfortunately. It's my husband I feel sorry for :rotfl:
  • worriedmamma
    Options
    Don't be silly, everybody is different. Hope the meds help soon and your 5 year old is well again soon. I hope once you speak to the OR with regard to the BRU/O you feel a bit more settled.
  • KeepOnKnitting
    Options
    I just wanted to add to the discussion. The worst really is over now Piggywinkle. Even if you do get a BRU, it's really not a big deal. You won't have debt collectors pushing you, the OR is not allowed to take more than you can afford in payments, everyone has to behave according to a strict set of rules.

I'm not saying that bankruptcy is all sunshine and roses, but in comparison to the stress of really bad debt it can almost feel like it.
    Save £12k in 2024 #29
    January take lunch to work goal - 13 of 19
  • worriedmamma
    Options
    I echo the poster above, I no longer worry every time the phone rings, I feel like bankruptcy is much less scary then feeling helpless in debt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure