What happens if you close down a case and re-open a couple of weeks later

Options
Hi all,

I'm thinking of closing my CSA2 case and re-opening on CMS, even though I haven't had my 'letter of migration' yet.

Everywhere seems to say that you have to wait 13 weeks, I don't really understand why though?

What would happen if I didn't wait the 13 weeks and went straight to CMS? I have a Child manintenance options reference no.

Comments

• Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Why would you want to?
  • xoAmyox
    xoAmyox Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I want to because the NRP is a serial job-hopper and the CSA have to investigate where he works but that means waiting around 12 weeks for HMRC to respond to their enquiries - plus their own processing time etc

However, CMS have a live link to HMRC and so they could find his new employer much quicker each time and get the DEO going again.
  • WYSPECIAL
    Options
    xoAmyox wrote: »
    What would happen if I didn't wait the 13 weeks and went straight to CMS? I have a Child manintenance options reference no.

Either they would realise straight away and refuse your application or, worse case scenario, it would come to light at some point in the future that the new case was opened incorrectly so it would be closed and any monies collected would be repayable. You would then have to make a new application which wouldn't be backdated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure