Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Good morning. Vests are back in stock, white and pink. Froctober is going well but to be honest I don't think I have changed my shopping habits that much. The yoghurts have helped and we have eaten out quite a bit. I suppose the difference be if I went to the butchers on a Saturday for two steaks that would be about £15 so times that by four and there's my whole October allowance.
    I tend to binge shop as most probably do on the elite. I still have one turkey left from when Morrie's had them at £1 each and I'm saving it for Christmas day as there will only be the two of us. I've still got a couple of the gammons left from when they were £3 each instead of £3 kg and whenever I see pork joints at around £2 kg I stock up.
    If I'm doing an online shop and I have a voucher to use I order what I need and then make up the shopping with the big tins of coffee.
    What it does mean is that some months can be pricey if there's lots of offers but I think I usually get good value for money.
    Something else I've started doing nothing to do with froctober is if I get given a new £5 note in my change I put it in a separate section of my purse. I've got 3 now so no great shakes there but I bet I wouldn't still have that £15 if I hadn't done that.
    I'm resisting the vests and am planning a nsd u less something irresistible comes along.
    Have a good day.
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    Still on the subject of froctober this was something I thought about yesterday. I seem to be surrounded by people who drop into most conversations oh I can't afford it or we can't afford a holiday this year or I've got no money and I find myself thinking about the income these people must be on and what the hell do they spend all their money on!!
    This came about yesterday when I took a portion of carbonara into work for my lunch. It was our tea the night before and my boss said oh I think I'll go over to m&s and get carbonara (it's our nearest food store to work) anyway as he's plating it up he said that's alright isn't it it was only £2.60 and I replied I bet that's all it cost to make mine for our tea last night plus my lunch today, the comment went completely over his head. At work they will often say im going to get a bottle of wine for tonight and go to bargain booze and spend £7-8 on a bottle I know I could have got from Ts yesterday for about £3 !
    I know time is a huge factor in shopping this way and I've had plenty of that this year but I shopped this way when I was self employed working 54 hours a week.
    Now my plan is to train Dd to shop this way, she's part way there already but now a little find tuning is needed.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Yes, I still have one of those tucked away from last year.

Never checked :rotfl: It was a morribobs cherry one, my fav, LOADS of cherries on top, and I loves cherries!!

Finally got to teskies tonight,
    got 6 merlot, but they also had this reduced to £4.20, so got 6 of these too, finest wines are usually okay.
    cotes-large_trans++eo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg
    Also got
    Free Blind Pig cider and Westons cider

Dave will you report back on this one.....if it's decent I'll get a few...... if T has changed its tactics I need to think outside the (wine) box:D

Our Chenet arrived yesterday. Think it was scamps who said how well it was packed. It's the sort of packaging I'm tempted to put up in the loft where it will linger for years before I chuck it out. Maybe I'll just chuck it out now and be done with it:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options

image.jpeg
    V x

Oh VT .......what a fab photo to wake up to:T:T I love how he has his little arms outstretched in the sunshine and a hint of a smile on his face. You should "do something" with all these lovely photos and stories......is there a book in there somewhere?:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Still on the subject of froctober this was something I thought about yesterday. I seem to be surrounded by people who drop into most conversations oh I can't afford it or we can't afford a holiday this year or I've got no money and I find myself thinking about the income these people must be on and what the hell do they spend all their money on!!
    This came about yesterday when I took a portion of carbonara into work for my lunch. It was our tea the night before and my boss said oh I think I'll go over to m&s and get carbonara (it's our nearest food store to work) anyway as he's plating it up he said that's alright isn't it it was only £2.60 and I replied I bet that's all it cost to make mine for our tea last night plus my lunch today, the comment went completely over his head. At work they will often say im going to get a bottle of wine for tonight and go to bargain booze and spend £7-8 on a bottle I know I could have got from Ts yesterday for about £3 !
    I know time is a huge factor in shopping this way and I've had plenty of that this year but I shopped this way when I was self employed working 54 hours a week.
    Now my plan is to train Dd to shop this way, she's part way there already but now a little find tuning is needed.

I'm so proud of DD. She prepares her lunch the previous night as she is up and out at the crack of dawn. I'm getting into a sort of a pattern of what she needs. A pack of the large wraps from A lasts her the full week......think they are about 80p. She packs them with salad and usually chicken. Or even stuff we've cooked the night before. A bottle of tap water and a piece of fruit. That's her sorted. :)

But yes some of my work colleagues are exactly the same as yours:o We have an "honesty" tuck shop at work and I swear some people spend more money there in a day than I spend on our evening meal:eek:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    In
    curl_girl wrote: »
    My marks only asks for your surname.
    Mine too.
    shogun_777 wrote: »
    5pk of bikini briefs £1.49 M&S 70% sale hth
    To match the vests?
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I'm so proud of DD. She prepares her lunch the previous night as she is up and out at the crack of dawn. I'm getting into a sort of a pattern of what she needs. A pack of the large wraps from A lasts her the full week......think they are about 80p. She packs them with salad and usually chicken. Or even stuff we've cooked the night before. A bottle of tap water and a piece of fruit. That's her sorted. :)

But yes some of my work colleagues are exactly the same as yours:o We have an "honesty" tuck shop at work and I swear some people spend more money there in a day than I spend on our evening meal:eek:
    A chip off the old block eh! Not that I'm calling you old..... obviously :rotfl:
  • s4mmy
    s4mmy Posts: 640 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone
    JF are back in stock if anyone needs to place an order - it's the first time that I've been able to get them !
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    In
    Mine too.

To match the vests?

A chip off the old block eh! Not that I'm calling you old..... obviously :rotfl:

Yes she takes after me:D I think I've been Frugal forever :rotfl: but loving the frocky stories:T:T I think you are right though....you have to be prepared to speculate to accumulate and I never hesitate to buy in bulk at bargain prices. We know it makes sense:p
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    s4mmy wrote: »
    Good morning everyone
    JF are back in stock if anyone needs to place an order - it's the first time that I've been able to get them !

I picked another order up yesterday and reckon I've got plenty hair stuff to last me and the family for years. I'm looking forward to giving it a try as we've heard good reports:) the shower in volumiser sounds intriguing . :rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Good morning all

2978580_f520.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure