Need an advice in employment

Options
Hello there,
Was looking for international job and recently got an offer from construction company called "Serbska Svaya". Does anyone knows anything about them? Cause google doesn't
Job offer looks nice, but i'm in doubt.

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    THEY DONT APPEAR ON GOOGLE - what does that tell you! :)

Infact the only times it does is your question asked 3 other times
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Jimmy_Jar wrote: »
    Hello there,
    Was looking for international job and recently got an offer from construction company called "Serbska Svaya". Does anyone knows anything about them? Cause google doesn't

I have no idea but:-

1. Do they have a web site, what does this look like good / bad
    2. Where will you be working, what are conditions like in that country?
    3. How long is your contract? who will pay your flights etc?
    4. What currency and when will your wages / salary be paid?
    5. Do you need a work visa for the country you are going to work in? and if so who is going to apply for it / pay the fees?
    6. Who is paying your accommodation ?
    7. Do you speak the language of where you are gonig to? if not how are you going to manage?
    8. What if it goes wrong and you want out, what are the conditions of early termination of work contract?
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • BuilderJoe
    Options
    Friend of mine got fired from them recently for not following safety rules, management almost obsessed with it. Also, most of them are past middle age and unable to argue with, so be aware. But actually, this friend got pretty upset as they pay good and honest and clear about employment. As he sad, clients are happy with them, but not the employers.
  • John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    Options
    BuilderJoe wrote: »
    Friend of mine got fired from them recently for not following safety rules, management almost obsessed with it. Also, most of them are past middle age and unable to argue with, so be aware. But actually, this friend got pretty upset as they pay good and honest and clear about employment. As he sad, clients are happy with them, but not the employers.

So your friend did not follow the safety rules, and rather than try to do so, chose to argue about it?

What a fool.
  • BuilderJoe
    Options
    I really do understand you scepsis about all of this, but the only thing i could say that they were working on military objects and thats why there is nothing about them. Also, he sad that they don't like nowadays techs and internet as well.
    But still, i'm pretty close to call a bs on that.
    P.S. Agree bout safety and being a fool to argue, somerimes he acts like a cringe teen -_-
  • Comms69
    Options
    I really do understand you scepsis about all of this, but the only thing i could say that they were working on military objects and thats why there is nothing about them. Also, he sad that they don't like nowadays techs and internet as well.
    But still, i'm pretty close to call a bs on that.
    P.S. Agree bout safety and being a fool to argue, somerimes he acts like a cringe teen -_-
    rubbish. Military contracts are a massive industry and are certainly not secret.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Jimmy_Jar wrote: »
    Hello there,

Magic 8-ball says: Dubious

Serbska - If it's from Serbia which it sounds, it would be Srpska
    Svaya - Again the y doesn't exist in Serbian so it would be j ie. Svaja. That word doesn't exist.

Google does translate this from Lithuanian to "serbs dream". Is it a Lithuanian company? Sounds like a serb nightmare.
  • Comms69
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    Magic 8-ball says: Dubious

Serbska - If it's from Serbia which it sounds, it would be Srpska
    Svaya - Again the y doesn't exist in Serbian so it would be j ie. Svaja. That word doesn't exist.

Google does translate this from Lithuanian to "serbs dream". Is it a Lithuanian company? Sounds like a serb nightmare.
    I would've guessed Russian. Skaya is a common ending and would be a close translation to 'serbian'.
  • BuilderJoe
    Options
    Did a little research with help of friend of mine - in Eastern Europe when you work on military projects especially as top , you have to follow strict and even strange policies of not showing yourself in digital space . Second, they are serbian for sure and word "svaya" exists - it means big wooden or cement plank in building foundation that helps it to be stable. In previous time they were Srpski kup, then Srpski Svaya, then Svaya Group, when my buddy was leaving the company they were just Svaya, he spent there 4 years. And third - all that research have been done in my homie new car, which he bought from his saving, when he used to work there. He is unemployed now, so money came form there for sure and I can sum up that salary there is pretty solid.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did a little research with help of friend of mine - in Eastern Europe when you work on military projects especially as top , you have to follow strict and even strange policies of not showing yourself in digital space . Second, they are serbian for sure and word "svaya" exists - it means big wooden or cement plank in building foundation that helps it to be stable. In previous time they were Srpski kup, then Srpski Svaya, then Svaya Group, when my buddy was leaving the company they were just Svaya, he spent there 4 years. And third - all that research have been done in my homie new car, which he bought from his saving, when he used to work there. He is unemployed now, so money came form there for sure and I can sum up that salary there is pretty solid.

You certainly write in a Slavic style so I will bow to your superior knowledge. However there really isn't a word "svaya" in serbian - the letter y doesn't exist and svaja isn't a word. Is this a translation from cyrillic that is being misinterpreted? The closest word to svaya is sva!!!273;a (if MSE can't display that it's pronouced sva-dja) and pleasingly appropriately means a quarrel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure