Setting up a skin clinic offering Botox and Filler treatments

2»

Comments

• mizco
    mizco Posts: 19 Forumite
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    I disagree, the point I was trying to make was about appearing professional. I would not look to social media for a health professional. I work in the same business area. As I said before, you need to target professional publications.

So I'll ask the same questions again - where would you look if you wanted to find someone to do this kind of treatment? And after that, where would you be looking to check out their qualifications?

And, why would you go to a new clinic you've never heard of? Wouldn't you want the reassurance of an established brand or surgeon? You seem very naive based on what you have posted. I would suggest you and your sister need to do some further training - I'd be looking for CPD courses on setting up in independent practice. You would learn about marketing, advertising, what you legally can and cannot say, how to invoice, set up contracts, insurance and so on.

But again, if you were reputable and trained - you'd already be members of a professional body and would know this kind of thing. It's quite worrying that you need to ask in a place like this, for lay people .

I fully agree with you aswell, its all about professionalism.

Where would you look if you wanted to find someone to do this kind of treatment?

If it was me, i would probably ask friends for reccomendations or use google. Then I would check the practioners details on their governing bodies website.

Why would you go to a new clinic you've never heard of?

If a friend reccomends them or they have good reviews

Wouldn't you want the reassurance of an established brand or surgeon?

Possibly. But then expirience may lack the personal touch. Would I be able to contact the surgeon directly for a quick question, or would i need to arrange an appointment with their PA?. Will I just be another number to them? Will they charge me for a consultion? Am I a priority for them or will they want to deal with me quickly so they can make time for the patients who are having more expensive treatments?

I'd be looking for CPD courses on setting up in independent practice. You would learn about marketing, advertising, what you legally can and cannot say, how to invoice, set up contracts, insurance and so on.

Thats great, I will pass this info onto my sister.

If you were reputable and trained - you'd already be members of a professional body and would know this kind of thing. It's quite worrying that you need to ask in a place like this, for lay people .

Again, a bit unfair. My sister is trained and registered with the NMC. She is not a prescirber but we have an arrangement with a prescriber in place. The reason i asked here was precisely because i wanted the opinions of lay people.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,618 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mizco wrote: »

Wouldn't you want the reassurance of an established brand or surgeon?

Possibly. But then expirience may lack the personal touch. Would I be able to contact the surgeon directly for a quick question, or would i need to arrange an appointment with their PA?. Will I just be another number to them? Will they charge me for a consultion? Am I a priority for them or will they want to deal with me quickly so they can make time for the patients who are having more expensive treatments?

Inexperience may also lack the personal touch. What you have posted wouldn't persuade me to chose you rather than an established brand/surgeon.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • M30
    M30 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First of all Congratulations! - the cosmetic industry is growing every single day and more and more people are trying to improve there looks! (Men & Women)

I work in a reputable clinic so I know this will be a success for you and your sister!

I personally wouldn’t have any procedures eg Botox/dermal fillers. I would definitely try fat freezing and laser hair removal. So if you haven’t thought of that already you should definitely add that to your list.

I love clinics to look fresh, clean and classy so I think the interior is very important! - I would promote on social media because social media is huge for any business but most importantly when it comes to clinics clients love to find out who you are before they visit. Social Media, google, blogs and word of mouth!!

Good Luck in your venture! X
  • jaks111
    jaks111 Posts: 570 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Good luck for the future for you both....
    What area will you be starting in as my daughter is a nurse prescriber
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport