Notice of Enforcement - Marston - Not my name

Hello Everyone

So i have recieved the above mentioned document from Marston. Detals of the judgment say ' a warrant of control has been issued by her majestys court & Tribunals service - distress warrant 15/07/2009.

The warrant has my brothers name but my address. I have no clue how this could have come about as he has never ever lived here. he claimed jsa from my address for about 3 monthts years ago as his care of address.

He has never ever lived here, never had post here (apart from the odd jsa letter when he was claiming) i havent had contact with him for the past 3years

the thing is last time i heard about him he was siging on somewhere so why would they not do a trace for him this way?

I read on marston webiste they will still come if he have the same surname.

i am going to call them on monday obviously will state the truth that he is my brother but i dont know where he is as i dont have contact with him. is thier anything else I need to do?

thanks in advance

ps im quite scared about this just due to all them shows on tv, yes i have proof that everything in this house is mine, but i don't want them turning up in the 1st place.

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,833 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Don't let them in then, they can't force entry.

Show them proof of your ID, tell them your brother dosent live there.

Don't allow them access, show them through a window or letterbox.

That should be the end of it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Moneysavvy,

As you are not the liable person in this situation, they should not take any of your belongings, however, at this stage I would suggest you are careful with your goods. If you have any vehicles, then make sure you can prove they are yours with a receipt, if you can't then I would suggest you hide them. And I would agree not to let the bailiffs in, and to keep the doors locked, but please be aware that if the bailiffs are from the magistrate's court they will reserve the right to force entry to your home, but I will also say that this is extremely rare.

Write or email the office and ask them to stop visiting you as the liable person doesn't live with you (you are not required to provide a forwarding address). You could send a copy of your council tax bill or the last copy of the electoral register that you have as evidence. If they refuse to accept this, then escalate the matter to CIVEA (their trade association - http://www.civea.co.uk/). Good luck

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • Hi Moneysavvy,

As you are not the liable person in this situation, they should not take any of your belongings, however, at this stage I would suggest you are careful with your goods. If you have any vehicles, then make sure you can prove they are yours with a receipt, if you can't then I would suggest you hide them. And I would agree not to let the bailiffs in, and to keep the doors locked, but please be aware that if the bailiffs are from the magistrate's court they will reserve the right to force entry to your home, but I will also say that this is extremely rare.

Write or email the office and ask them to stop visiting you as the liable person doesn't live with you (you are not required to provide a forwarding address). You could send a copy of your council tax bill or the last copy of the electoral register that you have as evidence. If they refuse to accept this, then escalate the matter to CIVEA (their trade association - http://www.civea.co.uk/). Good luck

Laura
    @natdebtline

thank you. I have provided both documents to them & I hope this will suffice. I will also check out the link provided. I am confident I can provide ownership for the majority of things, I just dont want them coming here in the 1st place. thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure