Amazon kindle eBook reductions, bargains, freebies - post your finds here!

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    edited 10 July 2017 at 9:37AM
    dlpugh wrote: »
    Hi. I cant see this 40% discount on my account - it just gives me the option to sign up for a months free trial and the small print says it will be £7.99 thereafter. Do you already have to be signed up for kindle unlimited to use it????
    Thanks!!!!!!

Are you an Amazon Prime member ?

This offer is available to Prime Members only and is a limited-time deal starting at 00:00, 5 July 2017 till 23:59, 11 July 2017. Customers who have purchased multiple prepaid plans that are currently associated with their Amazon accounts are not eligible. For existing monthly Kindle Unlimited subscribers who redeem this offer, automatic renewals will be temporarily suspended for the duration of the prepaid subscription purchased and will automatically restart at its conclusion

Edit, just logged in and tried it, I am Prime and I get the same as you, One Month free and then £7.99 a month thereafter
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • dlpugh
    dlpugh Posts: 47
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sorry, I should have included that in my reply. Yes I am already a Prime member.
    thanks!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    dlpugh wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have included that in my reply. Yes I am already a Prime member.
    thanks!

As I put in my post above,

I just logged in and tried it, I am Prime and I get the same as you, One Month free and then £7.99 a month thereafter, Very odd ?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If it's of any help, you won't see the discount until you go to checkout. They've done this in a very odd way but you'll see the full price for a 24 month contract as £191.76,discounted down to £115.06 for Prime members. Just over £1.10 per week.
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,706
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i'd missed this promotion so thanks for posting :)

just started a prime trial & I've had unlimited for ages, so daft not to go for the 24 month option & save some money. really don't mind paying my monthly fee for unlimited as I must get through about 10-15 books a month, well worth it.

just deciding if I really need to upgrade my kindle now (it's the original 1st version) to the paperwhite at £80 on prime day....decisions!
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    i'd missed this promotion so thanks for posting :)

just started a prime trial & I've had unlimited for ages, so daft not to go for the 24 month option & save some money. really don't mind paying my monthly fee for unlimited as I must get through about 10-15 books a month, well worth it.

just deciding if I really need to upgrade my kindle now (it's the original 1st version) to the paperwhite at £80 on prime day....decisions!

If it's any help in making the decision, I'd say go for it. I've been through 3 generations of the Kindle now, the first costing £150 in 2010!

The Paperwhite is very nice, and well worth the discounted price. Once you've tried it you're unlikely to want to go back to the original!
  • AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,706
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    If it's any help in making the decision, I'd say go for it. I've been through 3 generations of the Kindle now, the first costing £150 in 2010!

The Paperwhite is very nice, and well worth the discounted price. Once you've tried it you're unlikely to want to go back to the original!

done! I didn't take much persuading :D
  • redfox
    redfox Posts: 15,338
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 8 August 2017 at 4:08PM
    Spanish for travelers

useful little phrase book free on Kindle

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 8 Aug: ‘Spanish for Travelers’ Kindle edition is available to download free from Amazon. You don’t have to have an actual Kindle to read it, as you can also download Amazon’s free kindle app for your smartphone, tablet or computer. Amazon was unable to confirm when this offer ends, so if it’s something you’d like it’s worth downloading now whilst it’s free.
    Big thanks to redfox for the spot!
    [purplesignup][/purplesignup]
  • British murder mysteries - 560+ Thriller Classics, Detective Novels, Whodunit Tales & True Crime Stories: Complete Sherlock Holmes, Father Brown, Four Just ... Cases, Max Carrados Stories and many more. Kindle edition 99p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback